Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Pro Street Hearse..... New pixs 4-17-06

Custom Hearse

0199069-R1-052-24A.jpg

This is a project I've been working on for awhile now. It's the Jo-Han Heavenly Hearse, with the back half frame from Revell '67 Pro street car.

0199069-R1-044-20A.jpg

0199069-R1-042-19A.jpg

It has a custom interior from a Jo-Han Cadillac convertable.

0199069-R1-048-22A.jpg

I finally got it painted, when we had a nice warm day, but I still need to clear coat it. I'll post some pics of the progress soon.

Here's some pixs of it painted:

0101343-R1-013-5.jpg

0101343-R1-009-3.jpg

0101343-R1-007-2.jpg

0101343-R1-005-1.jpg

This is before polishing.... I'm going to wet sand it again to get rid of the slight orange peel off of it, then give it a final coat of clear.

7.gif

this looks like a wild kit and for a drag car fan a nice way to be sent to the other side LOL! If it were mine i would lose the front wheels and try a more newwer style ! Alot of the new revell kits have some nice looking wheels May be the 64 chevy truck would look good ! Just a comment i am not knocking your work ! Later David@Minidreams Inc.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks really cool!!

What color did you go with? There's a hearse around here that is very similar, in a dark metallic purple. It even tows a matching purple coffin that has a fake skeleton come up and wave at the press of a button in the car. I've been trying to get a shot of it, but I have only seen it cruising at night, they don't seem to take it into the daytime car show that I've seen it at for the past 4 years.

Gasser-

All of Jo-Han's hearse and ambulance kits are getting harder to locate, and are getting expensive. I bought 3 of the heavenly hearses, and paid almost $300 for them. I wishing that the current owner of Jo-Han would re-issue the kits, but that depends on if he has the molds, and if they are still usable....

Billy-

I painted it a black mettalic from Dupli-Color. The paint came out excellent, and the clearcoat is excellent. I'm gonna wet sand the clearcoat one more time to get the 2 or 3 dust specks out of it, give it another coat of clear, and then polish it out.

7.gif

Yeah Johan did some really good kits,the "Haulin Hearse" and the early 70s funny cars were some of my favorites.Wouldant it be good if they were still available,espeacialy with the big interest in early Funny Cars, i can only dream i suppose.Ive got about 12 unbuilt in me collection i think including the above one.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be awesome if they were still available! I'd have a whole fleet of hearses, and I would build some of the ideas that I have without the worry of having to find another kit if I messed up one I was going to cut up. But like I said, they're getting harder to find.....

7.gif

• 3 weeks later...