Model Cars Magazine Forum

a christian model builders site

The great thing about sites like MCM and others like it, is that it is multi-national, multi-cultural brotherhood of builders. God, Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah, Budha, Vishnu or whatever diety you choose name as yours isn't a part of it because it sets people apart rather than bring them together. Don't get me wrong I'm not anti-religion in any way. But I disagree with bringing religion into a hobby as international as this one. You only limit yourself. And that's not what art is about.

Rob, the one thing you can NEVER forget is WHO gave you the talent to be able to BUILD such beautiful works of art! There's NOTHING wrong with showing appericiation,and giving thanks for a GOD given talent. Jus ask the Ol'TreeHugger! ;)

I agree with Rob.

Whether you worship God, Satan, Allah, Buddha, a tree, the almighty dollar, or nothing at all, it's your own personal business, and it doesn't necessarily correspond to the next guy's beliefs. Since we are an "equal opportunity" website and welcome everyone here, it's best that we keep those issues that divide us off this site and concentrate on those issues that unite us; that is, cars and models of cars.

I'm not "anti-religion" at all...I firmly believe in everyone's right to believe in whatever they want to believe in, and more power to 'em... but I also believe that promoting one's personal religious beliefs is best done in the appropriate place, and this isn't that place. No offense intended to anyone...

I don't think the intention of the website is to limit horizons but to simply give Christian model builders a place to correspond with other Christian builders.

Just like this forum has NASCAR, Truck and Large Scale sections, people of like interests have a place to share specific info.

I would recommend looking at all new posts regardless of what section they are posted in.

Never know what you might learn.

Rob, the one thing you can NEVER forget is WHO gave you the talent to be able to BUILD such beautiful works of art! There's NOTHING wrong with showing appericiation,and giving thanks for a GOD given talent. Just ask the Ol'TreeHugger! ;)

Agree. Well said.

And that site is wanting to draw a certain crowd, so it's prefect for them. No one has to join or even agree with them for them, for them to get together on there own site and enjoy there part of this hobby. It's up to them to build the kind of site they want to build, just as it's up to you if you care to join or not. It's your decision, your not forced to join or even look at it if you don't like.

I really don't see any connection whatsoever between one's religion, or lack of, and model building. Those are two completely different and unrelated subjects.

Then you can be content that you have no interest and leave it at that.

I somewhat think the point of Agape Models was missed. It's not about what name you choose to call your God, it's about honoring God with the talents he has given you. Does it limit you, of course it does. But, at the same time it allows you to contact with other builders you might never have had to chance to get to know.

I felt lead on Easter Sunday to start a Christian based forum. Those here that I knew would be interested were invited to join. So, consider this an open invitation to any and all who have a belief in God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit come and check us out, see if a Christian based Forum might just be the thing you've been looking for.

http://focm.proboards.com/index.cgi?

In Christ

Dave

Edited by Fletch