Model Cars Magazine Forum

Two of my favorite builds

MonoPed

I have other builds in the case that are perhaps better, or have more work in them, ect, but these two always bring a smile.

First up, the '29 Woody. Built from the Rat Rod pickup kit, it sports a scratch built basswood body of my own design, lowered rear spring, plug wires, '32 Ford headlights and cross bar, and a frame spreader bar from the parts box. Paint is Tamiya TS-14 Black, straight out of the can. Not seen in the pics is a custom license plate: TRMTSNK.

29woody-1.jpg

29woody-2.jpg

Next up is my '50 Ford Pickup, built from the Revell kit. This is a model I never intended to keep, since I got it just to rob the ARDUN V-8 from. With the intention of listing on evilbay, I decided that a "promo style" build or a typical 50's color build was too common, so it just had to be primer grey. That led to the idea of shaving all the emblems off, and drilling mounting holes where they would have been, and doing the same for the hood trim. A quick search through the parts box netted a stock flathead V-8, and a set of plain-jane blackwall tires. Once built, it sat on the shelf waiting for me to get a camera, take pics and list it. But something funny happened... it kinda grew on me. Now, it's become one of my favorite builds, and there's no way it'll end up evilbay now :-)

50fordtruck-1.jpg

50fordtruck-2.jpg