Model Cars Magazine Forum

AFTER OPEN HEART SURGERY

post-3665-1242476423_thumb.jpgpost-3665-1242476473_thumb.jpgpost-3665-1242476507_thumb.jpg[atta

hment=4489:047.JPG][attachment

4484:042.JPG]HI YA'LL ---LOOKA ME IM BACK AGAIN AND ON THE MEND

a completely rebuilt man AH!

still hurting like crazy and will be for 3 months

everyone told me that it would feel like a mack truck had run over me

nobody ever told me about the second mck nor the fully loaded Peterbuilt OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH=

Been working with the kids at church "Mdelers for Christ" and quess what

they dont want to center them selves on cars

I asked for a vote and the concensus wasa diorama to remember the 2nd WW we are building Tanks duce and a halfs and Jeeps

but my main concern lately is my sons newest hobby~~~~ Yall know that we have been pretty sussful at semi pro Go Kart racng !!! well !!!!!!!!!

the other morning Don walked into my recovery room and said " Dad, guess what? were going racing! I just bought a vintage race car a 34 ford oach Dwarf car and its race ready!"

Heres some pictures of the car in its final painting stages

post-3665-1242476531_thumb.jpg

GREETINGS PAUL AND ALL

I fugured that everyone had alresdy given me up for dead

NOOOOO Not even close~~ gall bladder removed a hugh hernia removed appendex removed a colostomomy reversal sussesfully completed and open heart surgeru (@ bypasses) an I actually feel better than I did 20 years ago

worked my butt off at the newspaper office , had a presentent dry hacking cugh , and a wheeze with every step that I took ,couldn't sleep at night worrying about my job stayed tired and in a lousy mood 24-7

now I have no job !(which takes care of a few of the problems) became a believer (which took care of another few problems) underwent extensive surgery( which took care of the rest)

ow I have time for the grands and great grands, time to swim in the pool, time to work in my flower beds, time to go fishing, time to plan a vege garden, timr to eork on the race car (MINOR THINGS) andabove taim to be myself

if you are now a smoker~~ take my advice , advice from one who smoked 2 packs a day ~~ STOP NOW !!!!!NOT TOMORROW BUT NOW!!!!!

I have had my say but if I had quit years ago or better yet had never aken up the habit~I wouldn't be in the shape that I found myself last year

peace

lilsquirt

Larry

I was boren with a heart deffect and have had three surgeries in my life so far. First when I was a an infant and Dr's didn't know squat. Second was around my 20'th or 21'st birthday cant' remember exactly when. Then my third was four-five years ago.

When I was boren with the defect, Dr's told my parrents I'd be sick alot and blah, blah, blah. I never missed a day of school as I never gotten sick. I can't even remember my last cold!

Now I'm ton's better and feel fantastic. I walk the dog four miles a day and doing great.

I do know how you feel about being ran over by a truck. I hated the surgery and staying in the hospital for what seemed like a month. My mom bought me a PSP and that helped some. I was getting home sick and missing my cat! LOL!

None of my parrents smoked, nor did ANYBODY in my family so I never grew up around it. I never understood the "thrill" of smokeing and dont' know why people do it. My only bad-habbit is drinking coca-cola and probably spending money on Koenig Specials model cars! :)

Hope you get better and better buddy! Keeping buisy and having pets really help!