Model Cars Magazine Forum

back on the bench

envious8420

Jim, I hope you don't mind my askin, but WHAT kind motor is that? I've NEVER seen a Big Block Chevy with those kinda heads. ALL BBC heads have 3 bolt holes on the manifold side(top) and 4 bolt holes on the exhast side(bottom). So, being a chevy guy, I'm very curious. I KNOW it's a model, BUT WE DO try to maintain some semblance of reality. Could it be a rare set of aftermarket heads? :D

Here's an example of a 1:1 with that same port layout; Nish streamliner "big motor". 801 cubic inch Chevy big block (Aries aluminum block), 13 liters, 1600 HP normally aspirated. Notice the hole in the valve cover where the valve stem made a hasty exit. The valve head was swallowed, chewed up and disappeared out the exhaust port without a trace.

Your motor is looking more appropriate for the task at hand with that blower on top. What I really like, though, is the paint treatment. The checkers on the side look cool.

Img_0803b.jpg

Thanks for the pics Alyn. Yeah, now I can see it's one of those Sonny Leonard Mountain motors. So at least it's NOT a stock engine. I'm told some of those bad boys are runnin up to 1200 horses! Yours DOES look good! Great lookin build so far! <_<

Edited by george 53