Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would you build out of this?

Smart-Resins

Alright. When ordering parts to get my computer back up and running, I was forced to get some parts for the wifes computer since we had been running her tower on my system. LOL. One of the items was a wireless mouse.When I opened it up, I saw this big clear bubble I could not bring myself to throw out. I have been sitting here looking at it for a week! I think I know what I might use it for. But first, would like to see what you think you might be able to build out of it! Talk about building out of the box and scratch building! Here you go, the possabilities are endless! Only model piece I am thinking I will need will be a steering wheel! LOL. Jody

HPIM2043.jpg

Edited by Smart-Resins

I was thinking bubble top from a 50's Bird or such. Heck, just make your own Barris-Starbird-Fink funky custom! I have a box where all this type of nifty stuff resides. Maybe someday, I'll do something with all those cool bubble pack shapes.

Ever shop in the toys where the action figures and toys are? Lots of interesting shapes there. Luckily, I got a little boy so I can buy them for him and keep the bubble packaging...hehe

I was thinking bubble top from a 50's Bird or such. Heck, just make your own Barris-Starbird-Fink funky custom! I have a box where all this type of nifty stuff resides. Maybe someday, I'll do something with all those cool bubble pack shapes.

Ever shop in the toys where the action figures and toys are? Lots of interesting shapes there. Luckily, I got a little boy so I can buy them for him and keep the bubble packaging...hehe

Are you sure it's not the other way around? ;)

Now this makes the fourth time I have read a response on these boards for some sort of alian cruiser! I really should have thought of that one! However, My idea came from playing a junior monopoly game!! LOl. It has something to do with past time fun at fairs ( when I was a kid tha is)LOL. Jody

Heck Jody, It ALREADY LOOKS like 90% of the junk out there! Kinda jelly-beanish, like a furd! Jus put a blue oval on it an your good ta go!!! :lol::P;)

Ah-HA!!!! Saving money by using bland, lifeless designs... THAT'S why Ford is the only one of the big three still afloat! (Hey, after years of listening to all these Chevy lovers, It's my turn to be smug!) :D:P:o:o

Then again, the new Pontiacs are kinda jelly-beanish... uh-oh. :blink:

Foxer, what is that thing? LOL.

Roadhawg, you just won a cookie my friend! You hit my idea on the head! LOL. I thought I would post this to see what cool ideas are out there, and there are some very cool ones! Keep them coming. Who knows, I might try to find more bubbles for futur builds. LOl. But now my secret is out for what I am planning on doing with it! Jody

HewsonRocket-194672.jpg

Hewson Rocket-1946 B)

I just seen this one on an episode of My Classic car, on speed. Dennis Gage was at a museum of obscure automobiles and he was checking this one out. If you get a chance to see this episode you should watch it. Some odd stuff at that museum.

Good choice Foxer.

I just seen this one on an episode of My Classic car, on speed. Dennis Gage was at a museum of obscure automobiles and he was checking this one out. If you get a chance to see this episode you should watch it. Some odd stuff at that museum.

Good choice Foxer.

hehe.. you got me! That episode was on just as I was reading Jody's post. ;)

Here's a couple links:

This is a link to the online My Classic Car episode.

Here is the Lane Motor Museum where it resides.