Model Cars Magazine Forum

2 Simple Dioramas

DaveInTheHat

Earlier this month I had a stroke. I wanted to get back to my workbench as soon as I could. I had some trouble with getting my hands to do what my brain wanted them to do. I picked a couple of simple kits that I could finish fairly quickly to try and work to get back to my 'normal'. The doctors told me it would be a few months.

The box car was pretty much out of the box. Nice little kit that takes a lot of detail painting. For the Southern Oil I replaced a lot of the plastic parts with wood and made my own base.

I probably wont use these as part of "Davetown". I don't even really want them for anything. Maybe then next think I do will be a new section of my town.

Here's the kits that I started with.

100_1-vi.jpg

100_2-vi.jpg

Here's how they turned out.

100_8889-vi.jpg

100_8879-vi.jpg

Here's a link to the pictures I took while I was building.

http://public.fotki.com/DaveInTheHat/davet...orage--box-car/

WoW Dave, you sure didn't let it get you down! These look GREAT! HO scale? I din't know 1/87th WAS HO! Good luck on your recovery my freind, looks like you picked an EXCELLENT therapy program. Best of luck on gettin back into the swing of things!! :huh:;)

• 1 month later...
Earlier this month I had a stroke. I wanted to get back to my workbench as soon as I could. I had some trouble with getting my hands to do what my brain wanted them to do. I picked a couple of simple kits that I could finish fairly quickly to try and work to get back to my 'normal'. The doctors told me it would be a few months.

The box car was pretty much out of the box. Nice little kit that takes a lot of detail painting. For the Southern Oil I replaced a lot of the plastic parts with wood and made my own base.

I probably wont use these as part of "Davetown". I don't even really want them for anything. Maybe then next think I do will be a new section of my town.

Here's the kits that I started with.

100_1-vi.jpg

100_2-vi.jpg

Here's how they turned out.

100_8889-vi.jpg

100_8879-vi.jpg

Here's a link to the pictures I took while I was building.

http://public.fotki.com/DaveInTheHat/davet...orage--box-car/

Well Dave if this is your "getting back in the swing of things" kind of build we really have a treat in store once you make a full recovery!! Take care!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Phew Dave a stroke that's bad and I thought I was going trough a rough time when I had my mild heart attack. Man you ahve done a great job on both these kits and in 1/87th scale, you're a real wiz my friend and I hope you have a speedy recovery as well.

Dingo :D

• 8 months later...