Model Cars Magazine Forum

International LoneStar kit???

A few months ago started seeing a "beauty" on the highways...looked really sharp, from afar tought was a "West Coast Kustomized job", but to my suprise it was the new International LoneStar .

It's "Kustom" looks is absolutely great, designers at International got out of the typical "commercial fleet truck look" big time & surely must have been inspired by the "Kustom" trend seen so regularly on Pete's & KW's, surely one of the most daring & very well executed truck design in years,

gets my attention every time i see one....can't miss that front grill...one of a kind :huh: looks like a "show" truck rolling down the higway.

.... Any Hope we will see a scale model of the new LoneStar in 1 /24/25 or 1/35 Snaper form :huh:

I have yet to see one, I imagine I'll notice it right away when I do. I think it's a great looking truck. On another board frequented by a lot of fuddy-duddys the styling was panned mercilessly :huh:

This would be a great subject for a kit, as models of new trucks are pretty rare. If they made a kit of it, I think I would probably buy it, and I'm not really a truck builder. If only a kit manufacturer would kit the truck from Duel....

My, how lucky I am!! I work for a dealer here in Illinois and have been lucky enough to basically crawl all over it. I am very impressed with the truck. For a look at some pics you can go to www.internationaldelivers.com. There are some shots there. Going price for the high end is in the 140k range. Some can be had for around 122 for daycab models. If a kit does come out you can bet I'll have a couple. Also, a Harley-Davidson limited edition of 250 are being built. These are really sharp!

A few months ago started seeing a "beauty" on the highways...looked really sharp, from afar tought was a "West Coast Kustomized job", but to my suprise it was the new International LoneStar .

It's "Kustom" looks is absolutely great, designers at International got out of the typical "commercial fleet truck look" big time & surely must have been inspired by the "Kustom" trend seen so regularly on Pete's & KW's, surely one of the most daring & very well executed truck design in years,

gets my attention every time i see one....can't miss that front grill...one of a kind :unsure: looks like a "show" truck rolling down the higway.

.... Any Hope we will see a scale model of the new LoneStar in 1 /24/25 or 1/35 Snaper form :D

To answer your question directly, there is a snowball’s chance in hell that a new International Lonestar kit will be offered in a 1/25th scale kit. There has been no new 1/25th scale truck tractor kit since the early 1990s, and that was the badly made AMT T600 kit with an old W900 frame. There is no reason for any American model company to offer any new tools. As long as they can pacify the truck molders with constant reissues of 1970s kits, they will fulfill their 10 year quota for truck models. Even Italeri will not offer an International Lonestar kit, presumably in the Euro standard 1/24th scale. I was in correspondence with a model truck enthusiast who worked for International about 15 years ago. He was in talks with Italeri about offering the 9800 cabover in a kit. The results were that Italeri won’t offer International truck subjects. So to clarify, the closest you will see a Lonestar as a model is as a diecast or the special order, special cast 1/87th scale resin body available at the 1/87th scale web group.

http://www.decalprint.de/

2143.jpg2139.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

... and along comes Captain Buzzkill, to eclipse the sun and rain on our parade! :rolleyes:

Yeah, Chucky, even I don't think there will ever be a bi-scale styrene kit of the Lone Star (just as there will never be a styrene kit of the D-series pickup upon which the Lonestar's styling was based, or a late '60's Travelall, or a first-gen A/B series Scout, or...), but I do feel pretty confident we'll at least see some resin transkits, or at lest some builder-adapted conversions.

Then again, maybe it's time for a new semi tractor kit. Why not start with this one?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anybody seen the new Harley-Davidson edition Lonestar? Sweet lordy, it's a beauty! It has a custom, horizontal bar grille that reallly cleans up the front, and it has single round headlamps that kind of stand off of the fenders a bit. And, of course, it's got all the obligatory HD blackout motifs going on, as well as a healthy smattering of eye-searing chrome anywhere you care to look!

Shame there'll never be a 1/25 kit of a Lonestar... they could make it into a 2 in 1: Standard (if you can call anything about a Lonestar 'standard'), and Harley edition!

I don't even build many big rig kits (I've done exactly seven over the twenty one years I've been modeling... that number drops to two if you don't count Ford C-cabs or Dodge L-700s as 'big rigs'), but I could easily see myself buying at least, oh, five or six Lonestar kits, if one were ever produced!

• 2 weeks later...

A new tool kit would be cool. 1/25 or 1/24th. If they make it in a smaller or larger scale I don't think it would sell as well.

Tim

Supposedly Moebius announced a (hopefully) 1/25 Lonestar at iHobby today.

I'm sure there will be more information as more people come back w/show coverage.

This is cool! :o

Moebius has always been a little out of the norm in my opinion. They have been offering things no one else has to fill the voids of collections, although figure wise. They've wanted to venture into the automotive market and there first three offerings while fringe are items to once again fill voids. We may not see the Lonestar in '10, but I'll bet we'll see it.

Chris

Dropped an inquiry to Moebius as to what scale it is/will be. I was told that it was just announced, and they don't have that info yet....... :lol::)

It's supposed to be 1/25... and the same company has a Hudson Hornet and a '56 Chrysler 300C coming out as well! Guess who's buying one of each? (NOTE: It's me!)

Of course, that is if they don't end up as 'ghost kits'... :rolleyes:

'56 Chrysler 300C

No such beast.

It's time for some educating, as there is a lot of mis-information going on about the name of the real car (the letter series changed in name after the first year) and the year of the model that Moebius is planning.

Chrysler 300 Wiki Page

The model they are planning is a 1955 Chrysler C-300. The first Chrysler 300 was a C-300.

In 1956 the car was called a 300B. This is not a model announced by Moebius, contrary to early reports from the show from a person who got them mixed up.

In 1957 it was called the 300C.

In 1958 it was called the 300D.

And so on.

Cliff's notes: Kit is a 1955 C-300. Might they do a 300B at a later date? Perhaps, if the C-300 is popular enough to consider expanding the series; they could certainly share most tooling.

About the LONESTAR,

If a model company produce it in 1/24 I will buy 10 pieces!!! :rolleyes:

I cannot understand what is going wrong with those model company s. WE WANT NEW TRUCK MODELS!!!!

I am curious if someone of the well known model company s is reading not only this, but all the other model truck forums. Do they? :huh:

If they do why they don't do something? :angry: :angry: :angry:

THEY LOOSE MONEY!!!

Excuse me my friends, but I had to take this out of me and share it with all of you. I see many of you having great scratch skills and your builds are really cool, but my skills are far low than yours and I want to build some things like you did but I don't have a fortune to spend to buy parts from resin casters.

OK I did it once buying a PETERBILT 387 & KW T 2000 FROM Kuen at the de-elegant model trucks, but I cannot spend my money to buy 386 or 389 pete conversions. To be not misunderstood, I have not any problem with the resin casters, but If I would like to build a new PETERBILT for example I have to spend 36€ to buy the donor kit (I thing is about 45$) plus 30€ to buy the conversion kit plus the shipping cost. This means that I have to spend all this money for just one model. Yes but all this money is about to buy 3 kits. :lol: :lol: :(

PS: Get ready, when I win the lottery I will create my own model company focused in US trucks. :lol: :lol:

Greetings from Athens,

Kostas.