Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 Studebaker

59 Impala

No '65 GTO parts for sure but a real good chance on the Stude lights. I'll try to find the time to look tonight. I hope you can find those GTO headlights (or a good substitute). That shape looks great on the front of the '53!

No '65 GTO parts for sure but a real good chance on the Stude lights. I'll try to find the time to look tonight. I hope you can find those GTO headlights (or a good substitute). That shape looks great on the front of the '53!

Thanks. I replied to your PM. I too like the looks of those custom headlights. I'm still trying to find the lens. If I can't find them soon, I'll try and modify some others to fit. Later, Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Well, she's finished, and I found some headlights that I can use. I had a little trouble with the seats, but they turned out Ok. Thanks again to Manuel (mr Moto) for the tail lights. Without them this couldn't be finished. Well enough babbling, here are some pics. I hope ya like her.

DSC03134.jpg

DSC03135.jpg

DSC03141.jpg

DSC03142.jpg

DSC03143.jpg

DSC03145.jpg

Now for the engine I kept the Studebaker but I hopped her up just a little.

DSC03146.jpg

As always, thanks fer lookin. Dan

Dan-

I love the way your Stude turned out! I especially like the seat cover. Did you ever figure out what product it came from?

What kit did that intake set-up come from? I like it too. Great job.

Later-

Thanks Tom, and no I haven't figured that out yet. The wife and I went to the Japanese store and I looked all over the place to see if I could find it and no luck so far. ;)

As far as the intake set-up, I have no clue. :lol: They were in the parts box and in there for over 40 years :P:lol:

Dan

Great job! A really stylish take on the ol' Stude. I especially like the headlights and the seat covers are a great touch but the engine just blows me away!! That looks like one serious Stude! :lol:

Thanks Manuel, and thanks to you, it was possible for me to get her finished. :blink:B) Dan

Thanks Manuel, and thanks to you, it was possible for me to get her finished. :lol:B) Dan

That intake setup was used by road racers in the 60's. Somebody makes it in resin but I don't remember who. I know that setup was used on Corvettes and Cobras. A search could be productive and give you something not everybody has.

Gary

That is an Overhaul worthy of Chip Foose. Great job. :)

WOW, I don't know what to say. Thanks for the kind comment Kevin. I really enjoyed rebuilding this. I learned alot on fixing broken body work. Dan

Edited by 59 Chevy Impala

That's a very cool Stude custom you've built! I like the headlights. Gives it a certain early 60's Mercedes styling. The MB headlights on the 220 models were big one piece units. That plastic wrap stuff would indeed make for some interesting upholstery patterns...... if you can find some that is.... :P