Model Cars Magazine Forum

new "windshield" or window net?

Okay, so im building a 1/25th scale boss 429 3'n'1. Im doing it street style. I was working on it earlier this evening and accidentally cracked the windshield. I dont want to place this windshield cuz it would look bad. Question is, should i buy a new windshield for it or make a window net? the window net would work cuz im doing it racecar style. I also would need to know how to scratchbuild a window net. Thanks for the enormous amounts of help!

you could try making a new windsheild by placing a piec of tape to the outside of the windsheild trace around the opening then remove the tape carefully and place onto a piece of clear plastic then cut out slightly larger than the line you traced.making a dirt screen type would be the same technique however you would have to find some suitable mesh material that looks good to you. you can find mesh material in a variety of places such as michael's craft store or hardware store sometimes you find it in the weirdest places . hope this helps good luck.

what i would do is buy some strawberries

seriously, eat the strawberries

then you have a nice clear plastic box

take the old windshield and trace it

cut out the new windshield out of the strawberries box and superglue it into the body

heres one i did that way

front and back are strawberrie cases

IMG00196-20090606-1225.jpg

IMG00195-20090606-1224.jpg

what i would do is buy some strawberries

seriously, eat the strawberries

then you have a nice clear plastic box

take the old windshield and trace it

cut out the new windshield out of the strawberries box and superglue it into the body

heres one i did that way

front and back are strawberrie cases

Not a bad idea. That would pass for lexan window look for race cars.