Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stroppes 64 Comet Rallye Car

Len Woodruff

Len,

I am wondering if you might find something like these in a 4X4 kit: The only downside I could see is that many are not plated, and usually have the covers (with Cibie or some other mfr. engraved on them). These are relatively small, so you might be able to use headlight lenses (or MV lenses, if you want the reflector and bezel all in one) inserted into one. I dont remember an individual kit that has them, but I am sure they're out there. I have a set of non-plated SEV/Marchals that might work from a Japanese kit, but these have the covers with the graphics which will not be correct to the original. I'll check and see if I can find something closer to what they're using.

KenR.

Len, I did a lot of research on any '64 Comet before I built mine, and while I don't have the answer you seek, maybe I can help with some reference photos, of which I have a lot.

http://public.fotki.com/JCole/11_fomoco/11...coln/page5.html

It starts at the bottom of the linked page, and goes into the following page. It's all arranged alphabetically.

etCaliente_EastAfricanSafari08-vi.jpg

Tamiya kit 24048(Austin Mini Cooper Rally) sprue's C & D. C for the buckets and D for the lenses. This will give you 2 pair of 1:24 scale driving lights. Period correct. Call 1-800 Tamiya A and ask for parts, or if you can find one just by the kit. Lots of great rally car parts. Also if you just want them with covers you could try the Alpine A110 - It has the covers with correct decals. For rally car stuff, Tamiya really has some great kits. You can also probably find some heavy tread rally tires as well.