Model Cars Magazine Forum

Back To The Bench......57 FORD

raisin27

Circumstances have kept me away from building for most of the year, but I recently was able to get back to the bench for a bit. I started this one awhile ago so the paint and foil was already done. I did get some of the engine details done and started on the interior. I cut the hood latch and wiper motor from an AMT 58 Edsel along with using the battery and master cylinder. The small hubcaps are from Modelhaus.

I do plan on trying to make the Derby City Shootout this year and with any luck I may have this one done.

Thanks for lookin,

Raisin

P1011764.jpg

P1011757.jpg

P1011769.jpg

P1011765.jpg

I love the sleeper looks of that! In fact I like this version of trim better than the Fairlane 500. :D

Excellent work so far Mike!

BTW, WHERE did you get those engine bay decals?? I've got a '57 I'd like to do similar to yours................I've got the interior decals (Keith Marks) but the engine bay details would be great. :lol:

OOOO,That's NICE MIKE!!!! Will ya bring it to the meeting next week so's I can eyeball it up close an personal like?!

I'm with Harold, is it a resin kit, or did you convert it?Either way, it's lookin SHARP Daddy-O! I look forward to seein it all finished up! :(:lol::lol:

This looks like it's going to be one of the best looking '57 Fords done in scale ever! Did you change the interior trim as well ? I like the hood latch you added, scratch built I take it? Can't wait to see this one under glass, it's going to be a beauty!

This looks like it's going to be one of the best looking '57 Fords done in scale ever! Did you change the interior trim as well ? I like the hood latch you added, scratch built I take it? Can't wait to see this one under glass, it's going to be a beauty!

Never mind! I just re-read the post and got my answers!

Thanks plumber, The hood latch was cut out of an AMT 58 Edsel. Yes I am working on changing the interior trim also, with any luck I can have some pics of that up soon.

Raisin