Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford flathead V8s? Did I see

Hi, guys--first post.

I'm a returning builder--geared up again a few years ago, then set it aside with health issues, now back at it. Still learning basic skills, really, but having fun learning to detail my cars. The nightmare is that I really don't have any in-depth "reference" knowledge, and almost no spare parts box yet.

Here's what's up: I swear that recently--i.e., in the last four months--I read an article about all the Ford flathead V8s available in different kits.

Now, I can't find it in my magazines (both ModelCars and SAM). Egad, did I see it online somewhere?

Anyone fill me in, or give me a link?

TIA--

Jim Hanson

Welcome Jim!

Since nobody has said boo yet I can try to help.

I'm a flathead rookie and am just finishing up a '29 rpu

powered by a flattie out of the current '32 sedan kit by

revell. So in a nutshell look up to the top of the forum

and the second line under the header look for search,

click on it enter flathead and a wealth of info will pop up!

I think Tim Boyd did an article on flatheads a couple of years back

But can't seem to find it now :lol:

Good luck hope this will help :(:lol:

thanks, guys.

I did manage to find the article--and I just can't find my copy of the magazine.

Based on the article, I have gathered up a few kits with the flathead V8 in it--and now I am thinking about maybe trying my hand at learning how to cast.

We shall see....

Jim

Edited by jfh

Glad to see you found it. As for casting, I would recommend searching the forum here for resin and casting. There's a lot of experience here that should not be neglected. There have been many discussions here..

Thanks for the tip on the "Wanteds" section, Foxer.

I've been running site searches in the "Resins" and "Tips and Tricks" forum and starting to read up. It looks to me like what I really need first is a good how-to-book or article. That is, some of the information in "resins" is just beyond my need as a rank amateur (but an experienced tool-user--at least in carpentry / remodelling, and as an amateur pistolsmith) looking to learn to cast model car parts.

I have an R&M Md catalog, and other online catalog links--but I really am trying to use this little niche to build some more personal skills and knowledge.

I think I will post a help-wanted / links to beginner books, or whatever, request in resins.

Jim H.

• 3 weeks later...
thanks, guys.

I did manage to find the article--and I just can't find my copy of the magazine.

Based on the article, I have gathered up a few kits with the flathead V8 in it--and now I am thinking about maybe trying my hand at learning how to cast.

We shall see....

Jim

Can you post the link?? I need to look at that as well. Thanks.