Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Ford Victoria Street Rod

Don Banes

Guest Gramps-xrds

I've never been a big fan of vickys but Don, I have to admit yours looks pretty darn good to me. Great rim choice and the engine detail looks right on. Nice job.

Super build. Really gporgeous with that deep black paint and all those realer-than-real details. Love those tailights! And of course those wheels and the finish you got on them. What is the paint you use to get that texture? Also, you really nailed the colors and textures in the engine bay, along with incredibly meticulous and subtle details, like the drape on the spark plug wires, the wingnuts on the valve covers, the bolt detail on the headers, etc. etc. That SBC just screams 1:1. I'd say this Vicky rates a massive two thumbs up! :unsure:

Super build. Really gporgeous with that deep black paint and all those realer-than-real details. Love those tailights! And of course those wheels and the finish you got on them. What is the paint you use to get that texture? Also, you really nailed the colors and textures in the engine bay, along with incredibly meticulous and subtle details, like the drape on the spark plug wires, the wingnuts on the valve covers, the bolt detail on the headers, etc. etc. That SBC just screams 1:1. I'd say this Vicky rates a massive two thumbs up! B)

The rims were the chrome items, covered very carefully with Dullcote lacquer. I used multiple coats, until I got just the look I was after.

Stay tuned, because I've got a chassis for the upcoming Revell five window '32 underway. Think flathead...

Dang Don, that's a great looking Vicky with lots of really sweet period details. Love the way you did the plug wires correctly for a '60s era SBC. I don't think I've ever seen that done on a model before.

Just one question: Couldn't you have done better on the paint? ;)

Beautiful! That has to be one of the slickest black paint jobs I've ever seen.

I've seen your '40's style '29 roadster, and that paint ain't too shabby either!

Black paint is difficult at best, and I'm not sure I'll do it again any time soon. Plus, the magazine guys have a hard time shooting black models. Thanks for the nice comments on my Victoria, and I'm looking forward to your future builds. You have the eye and the talent for traditional model builds!

HOLY SHAMOLEY Don, that lil Rod is downright SWEET!!!! I'm with Harry on this one Daddy-O, the first pic REALLY DOES look real! Only thing I could see that was obvious to me were no valvestems,but other than that,This bad boy is DEAD ON!!

You did a GREAT job on this one for sure!!! ;);)

Thanks for your nice feedback! Look a little harder, and you'll find valve stems on the front and rear rims. They actually turned out to be a little too big, but I'll fix that with my upcoming Revell 5-window build. The engine and frame are almost done, and I'm waiting for the new kit.

Dang Don, that's a great looking Vicky with lots of really sweet period details. Love the way you did the plug wires correctly for a '60s era SBC. I don't think I've ever seen that done on a model before.

Just one question: Couldn't you have done better on the paint? :P

I have most of the '32 five window in paint, and it's shiny! I'll try to get some pictures of various painted parts, if the weather cooperates this weekend. Think purple.

• 6 years later...