Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 volkswagen(s) : karmann ghia and beetle

krishna.iskandana

You did a great job on both of those.

Russell

Except for the rear glass on the Bug. :rolleyes:

I know, I know, "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all"...

But with such obvious attention to detail and extremely clean build style, how did that get past you? :P

Very nice work though. I like the 2-tone Beetle color scheme, and the paintwork is very well done on both cars.

Huge gap between the glass and the body...

WOW! what an Eye for detail.

I need glasses or a bigger screen :D

Is the front window cracked or am I seeing something else?

My Mozilla FireFox doesn't have the magnification option like Internet Explorer does (that I don't use anywhoo)

Huge gap between the glass and the body...

yap.....guilty as charged......

there were gaps between front and rear glass and the body , I didn't notice that when I took that picture.

Well, I have to be patient for quite some time to fix that irritating error, because right now I'm in Australia, whereas i left my completed models back home.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention

Cheers

Krishna Iskandana

Perth, WA

Those are two of my favorite VW kits, and you did a great job on both. I really like the color on the Ghia as well, and I'm curious what paint you used. Picking out the Beetle's fender beading in black is a nice touch, and not an easy task.

• 1 year later...

Krishna...first of all...both of those came out great...good work. Ya gotta love those vdub's...I know I do

A question about those kits...do the engine and transaxles come separate, or are they molded into the chassis?

I've been looking for a vw kit with a detailed engine and transaxle to use as a donor kit to build a replica of my trike, and I just don't have the skills to scratch build one.

ya. my mom always wanted ghia growin up, ya know, but the two tone bug is gay. sorry , so no afence if you are.

Can somebody please explain to me how an automobile can have a sexual orientation, or is this meant to be some sort of an insult? B)

I think the cars look great! Both are clean, straight builds- good color choice, paint and detail.

Regards,

David G.

Krishna...first of all...both of those came out great...good work. Ya gotta love those vdub's...I know I do

A question about those kits...do the engine and transaxles come separate, or are they molded into the chassis?

I've been looking for a vw kit with a detailed engine and transaxle to use as a donor kit to build a replica of my trike, and I just don't have the skills to scratch build one.

Thanks for your comment, Mike. The Engine and transaxles come separately from the chassis for both kits

Regards

Krishna