Model Cars Magazine Forum

low and slow!!!!! 09-30-09 update!!!!!

B_rad88

ok, i have another update. i finally got the color down on the body. the paint scheme was a mess-up that worked out perfect!

here is the painted body!

100_0643.jpg

100_0644.jpg

and here is the front grill & bumpers are taped in place! and the glue is drying right now!

100_0646.jpg

100_0647.jpg

100_0648.jpg

and here is a test fit of the body on the chassis. note: the front wheels are not glued on yet!

100_0639.jpg

100_0640.jpg

100_0641.jpg

100_0642.jpg

like i said, the front grill and bumpers are drying right now, i got the mirrors painted!

oh and one other thing i plan on making a bed cover for it, i will soon have pics!

ok, i have another update. i finally got the color down on the body. the paint scheme was a mess-up that worked out perfect!

here is the painted body!

100_0643.jpg

100_0644.jpg

and here is the front grill & bumpers are taped in place! and the glue is drying right now!

100_0646.jpg

100_0647.jpg

100_0648.jpg

and here is a test fit of the body on the chassis. note: the front wheels are not glued on yet!

100_0639.jpg

100_0640.jpg

100_0641.jpg

100_0642.jpg

like i said, the front grill and bumpers are drying right now, i got the mirrors painted!

oh and one other thing i plan on making a bed cover for it, i will soon have pics!

sweet I like it.

Looking real good, my friend. Like the color combo and the wheels. Why is that big hole in the bed?

cool! thank you! and that big hole was there when i got this kit in a trade. i guess the guy before was going to C-notch the fram, i think, i am not sure. but i plan on making a bed cover to hide that hole.

oh, and the paint combo! um, well honestly i didn't know what color to paint it, so i started out with it white, then i painted it yellow, and then orange! when i painted the orange, it messed up and it wrinkeld around the bottom of the body, i got tired of trying to fix it, so i just masked off and sprayed it black for the 2-tone! it was all a mistake, but the mistake worked out perfect in the end! lol!

thank you for the compliment! i greatly appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yup I kept watching this thread as it went along. just had some issues at home ( as always) lol and was not online a lot. The only thing I could add to make it just a bit better, is a bed cover. Hinge it like the hood but in reverse and I think it would set it apart from the crowd just a bit more. I am very happy that this model actually got someone to enjoy building it.

yup I kept watching this thread as it went along. just had some issues at home ( as always) lol and was not online a lot. The only thing I could add to make it just a bit better, is a bed cover. Hinge it like the hood but in reverse and I think it would set it apart from the crowd just a bit more. I am very happy that this model actually got someone to enjoy building it.

lol, cool! thank you for the kind words! and yeah i plan to make or have one made for me to cover up the whole in the bed, lol! and yes i enjoied it very much, but for right now it has been stalled do to now bed cover yet, lol! thank you!