Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Continental, my build for Toledo

lowriderphil

Well here's my build, 67 Continental. I have new chrome on order from modelhaus. Gonna have a pair of compressors with a giant air tank. (does anyone remember who sells compressors?)

001.jpg

I know this car was a unibody vehicle but it has so little detail I decided to go with a full frame from a 62 catalina

002.jpg

22's

003.jpg

more to come as work progresses, this will be getting all of my focus over the next two months to make sure its done on time.

Phil

Edited by lowriderphil

made some progress tonight. interior bucket has been modified to fit the catalina's chassis plate. the wheel wells will need modifications later on.

004.jpg

scratch built an air tank. digging thru the parts bin I found an moon tank from an old 55 chevy kit. cut the ends off and added a length of 1/4" diameter tube and you get a scale 20 gallon tank, lets remember this is a big boat here,

005.jpg

well that's all for tonight

phil

Edited by lowriderphil

I know I saw that sizair compressors some where and went looking.

Forgot to come back. LOL...

I have no answers tho..

Big boats do need alot of air.

Just run air lines from the tank to an A/C unit on the motor.

Old 4wheeler trick.

Cool looking wheels.

will look good on it.

• 3 weeks later...

front bags mock up

009.jpg

010.jpg

I was digging through my box of wheels and came across some 19" wires,

so now I'm not sure which way I wanna go

011.jpg

or

012.jpg

I'm leaning towards either bahama blue over silver or a two tone black

and metallic orange cut along the body line just below the door handles

thanks for looking,

Phil

Hello there friend!! As can be expected Phil you throw down some mean street sweepers.. Gotta admit its an awesome project as far as the kit itself... Is it a common kit to be found? Never seen that year as a model and as far as the rims go .Im sure they both will bring this project to the first place booth but i would go with the first ones. Gives it a no non-sense look!! Keep on wit the keepin on!!

peace

Tito

Hello there friend!! As can be expected Phil you throw down some mean street sweepers.. Gotta admit its an awesome project as far as the kit itself... Is it a common kit to be found? Never seen that year as a model and as far as the rims go .Im sure they both will bring this project to the first place booth but i would go with the first ones. Gives it a no non-sense look!! Keep on wit the keepin on!!

peace

Tito

I bought this as an unpainted built up along with a 63. I believe these to be old amt? annuals, I know Ron Hamilton is the man to ask, but I believe they made all of the ones from the 60s that had suicide doors

• 2 weeks later...

As Steve said, the suicide door Lincoln Sedans (1961 thru 1969) were marketed by AMT, and never re-released. Unbuilt examples are fairly expensive, but the '65 Convertible has been re-released, and would be the least expensive way to go with this. Missing Link Resin had a '65 Sedan body in their line to combine with the '65 Convertible kit. I am not sure if it is currently available, but if you contact them, they will gladly give you an answer. The quality of their products is top notch, so you can buy with confidence.

I did a replica stock '61 and '67 Sedan.

2005_0818gmatcarlisle20050046.jpg

2005_041167LincolnContinental0001.jpg

I have all of the AMT '61-'69 Lincoln kits in my stash, as it is one of my favorites, and no, I do not plan to sell any of them. If I do, Phil gets first dibs, as he has asked me on several occaisions.

• 2 weeks later...

well, I have made some progress but my pc crashed and I can upload pics to my laptop so I'll try to get the pc fixed soon. Anyway, the hood and trunk are now hinged and working, I have built a set of airbags, and robbed an engine from a 69 torino for it. I will be ordering my bumppers over the weekend from modelhaus so that they will be here in time. Just need to do a little more wetsanding on the primer and I am finally ready for paint.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

small update, modelhaus shipped my bumpers out on tuesday, clear coat has been applyed and polished. The only things left are the interior and some minor tidbits here and there before final assembly so I should be right on track to finish by the end of the month. I'll get some pics up soon as I clean of my workbench.

Phil