Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 ford

E St. Kruiser50

WELL, THE REAR "BUSSEL" WAS ALWAYS TOO SHORT WITH THE "WEDGE lOOK" SO THIS WAS PART OF THE PLAN :blink: .

In the process now, as you can see, and did one side with longer fenders and the "Bussel" Longer, and like it, but thought I'd ask what you guy's what do you think.

Get's a "Spare Tire" to add a little classyness, cowl lights like on the '32 and '34 fords, door handles, mirror and a few other goodie's.

Sort of stock-ish custom/street rod ???? :P:rolleyes: .

Probably put knock-offs in the center of the wheels.

Here it is mocked up.

2009_0804Photobucket10026.jpg

2009_0804Photobucket10027.jpg

2009_0804Photobucket10029.jpg

2009_0804Photobucket10030.jpg

Got to lookin at it and I think everything needs to go back up a "Skoosh" :rolleyes: , but we'll get 'er.

Just slice some off a bit, and add some glue and putty and "VOILA" :lol: .

Edited by Treehugger Dave

WELL, THE REAR "BUSSEL"

2009_0804Photobucket10027.jpg

This image really did it for me... Defiantly has the Bussel and I like it. I can see the front will be coming up once on wheels, but that slope down from the rear I really love. I see that maybe a small tuck back up of the rear to level or even a "very slight" rise above the line from the bottom of running board could tidy it up. I really think no rear fender below that running board is a must.

This is going to be one of those that you look and come back and look again.. "whats going on here???" .. looks like it should be stock, but.....

...the definition of a wining design, IMO

Been following this one closely, Dave.

It's a shame that Willys didn't have the money

the "Big Three" did. The Victoria body that you've

come up with is a natural. They would have sold

like hot cakes.

The other natural is your wheel selection. :P

Don.

Front fenders on a "Stock" Willys are way different than we're use'd to seeing on these hot-rodded kits.

Fenders should be squared off with "Roundy edges" pretty much like what you see here.

Rear-end is pretty well roughed in, to where I like the length of the "Bussel" and the fenders now.

The rear Willeys window has been molded in, and the front side window "sculpting" is done.

Here's the latest pics - Thanks for lookin', and any comments welcome ;)

2009_0804Photobucket10017.jpg

2009_0806Photobucket10001.jpg

2009_0806Photobucket10008.jpg

2009_0806Photobucket10007.jpg

Great idea, great execution. Not only do you come up with clever and original ideas, you have the talent to actually make them reality. You are definitely one of the most creative model builders I've seen.

However, you're not the greatest speller I've ever seen... ;)

It's "bustle"... :blink:

• 10 months later...

Missed these earlier, Dave. Nice work. Being the purist I am, I can see someone doing something like that to let us rep-stock builders have some fun, too. All we need is a suitable chassis, suspension and engine.

I always enjoy watching your builds.

Charlie Larkin