Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Street Truck Community Build- Deadline December 31St At 12:00Am

Nick Winter

Well i'm a truck builder, go figure huh? Any way it's time for me to try something diffrent a street truck. So i thought why not have a street truck community build .

PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY

Rules

1. has to be a pickup

2. has to have a factory style bed

3. truck had to been produced after 1955

4. no 4cyl's

5. has to be finished in the dead line

6. Please post progress here (keeps clutter off the Forum)

dead line december 31st at 12:00am central , so let me know what you guys think.

Entries:

1978 dodge d100 street truck- Dukefan69'- finished

1978 dodge little red exspress- dwc43

1994 gmc sonoma- Kustommodels88

1995 ford ranger street truck- The Red Ranger

1962 ford unibody- Greg D.

wildcart- diymirage

1990 chevy stepside- 67PontiacGTO

1999 chevy silverado- Glen G.

1955 chevy cameo- Mike MC

1968 or '69 dodge a-100 pickup. BigGary

1955 chevy pickup- Riz

dodge deora - Demon9115

1999 chevy silverado- Toast

1995 toyota tundra- s10kid18

1955 chevy Cameo- wgflatliner

Edited by Dukefan69'

Dammit... I have two other builds, but I have my Red Ranger project that I want to do also.... I don't think I can make the deadline on that cause I am doing a lot of goofy ###### to it. I will have to wait and see.

This is the start so far

PowerRanger003.jpg

PowerRanger004.jpg

PowerRanger005.jpg

powerranger012.jpg

powerranger015.jpg

I want to build a twin turbo for it, I need to work on the roll cage a bit. I want it to be Street/Dirt runner kind of truck. Nothing serious off road, but romp worthy. Between my drift Skyline and my Porsche (which actually wont be that bad) I am not sure if I can finish this or not.

I think the deadline should be mid-December-ish hehe. If possible that is, then I would feel more confident in joining. If not I will have to sit this one out.

Edited by The Red Ranger

what are you considering to be a "street" truck?

Dave

im glad you asked

behold

IMG00024-20090616-1922.jpg

IMG00022-20090616-1921.jpg

dont worry guys

this is not my entry

for this entry i am planning to use a 1954 volkswagen beetle

i will replace the engine with a 1.8 turbo from a golf and install it in the front

that way i can scratchbuild the bed right into the back of the car :lol:

dont worry dukefan69, im just messing with you

i wont be entering this build off, too much on the desk right now

Nick, what about lifted trucks? you say no 4cyl. trucks either but that cancels out quite a few options, nice options too. the post '60 thing i think should be changed as well.

Dave

as much as i may or may not agree with you i think we should have some parameters that are set and stay set

so i would just try to find a subject within those parameters regardles of our own preferences

actually, i find this part of the alure of a build off, take the drifter buildoff im hosting for instance

my entry is a acura RSX. if it wasnt for this build off i would have never build that car

and just to put it out there...i think you, davezin, should build a ford ranchero

thats right up your alley is it not ?

Well i'm a truck builder, go figure huh? Any way it's time for me to try something diffrent a street truck. So i thought why not have a street truck community build .

PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY

Rules

1. has to be a pickup

2. has to have a factory style bed

3. truck had to been produced after 1960

4. no 4cyl's

5. has to be finished in the dead line

dead line november 31st at 12:00am central , so let me know what you guys think.

Entries:

1978 dodge d100 street truck- Dukefan69'

1978 dodge little red exspress- dwc43

1994 gmc sonoma- Kustommodels88

1995 ford ranger street truck- The Red Ranger

Volkswagon?- diymirage

Can you put a factory bed from a Chevy on a Ford, and be going by the rules ???

Nick, what about lifted trucks? you say no 4cyl. trucks either but that cancels out quite a few options, nice options too. the post '60 thing i think should be changed as well.

Dave

Street trucks are usually close to the ground not lifted. how 'bout post '40.

as much as i may or may not agree with you i think we should have some parameters that are set and stay set

so i would just try to find a subject within those parameters regardles of our own preferences

actually, i find this part of the alure of a build off, take the drifter buildoff im hosting for instance

my entry is a acura RSX. if it wasnt for this build off i would have never build that car

and just to put it out there...i think you, davezin, should build a ford ranchero

thats right up your alley is it not ?

Ranchero would be nice.

I guess no trucks that are lowered in the front and lifted in the rear.... Sounds like it's just for low riders....

not just low riders , that would cwalify as long as one wheel is lowered it counts.

Can you put a factory bed from a Chevy on a Ford, and be going by the rules ???

Yes.

See how his tail gat hangs down freely

Well I corrected this problem and added some class at the same time with working tailgate chains only one of the many detail items being added to this build, enjoy

dodgestreettruck005.jpg

dodgestreettruck006.jpg

Actually, mine will stay up, but I propped it open just to show it in the mock up stage.

No I meant how when it's open it opens all the way down.

Ohhhh. Yeah, you are right, it hangs darn near straight down. And if you use the plastic chains in the kit you have to eitehr fasten the gate or leave it open, no options. I tend to do mine somewhat like you did yours.

Ohhhh. Yeah, you are right, it hangs darn near straight down. And if you use the plastic chains in the kit you have to eitehr fasten the gate or leave it open, no options. I tend to do mine somewhat like you did yours.

Yeah that's what i meant. Noticed that twop so i used some jewlery chains. Ok well i chose some chrome reverse wheels and i built my rear torsion bar suspension.

also finished interior and firewall aswell as the front radiator support.

dodgestreettruck007.jpg

dodgestreettruck008.jpg

dodgestreettruck009.jpg

dodgestreettruck010.jpg

dodgestreettruck011.jpg

dodgestreettruck012.jpg