Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alright Brian it's finished

Guest Gramps-xrds

Guest Gramps-xrds
Just showed the hood to a couple co-workers, one of them thought it was for a real car!

:lol::lol::blink: Joe, I sure wish it was the real hood. That'd mean I still had the car. The real hood looked a heck of a lot better.

I just finished the trunk lid. Now if I still have some urethane left I can clear it.

Oh and by the way George & CB, I'll be looking out my windows :lol::lol::lol::P

Edited by Gramps-xrds

:lol::lol::blink: Joe, I sure wish it was the real hood. That'd mean I still had the car. The real hood looked a heck of a lot better.

I just finished the trunk lid. Now if I still have some urethane left I can clear it.

Oh and by the way George & CB, I'll be looking out my windows :lol::lol::lol::P

Don't you be worryin' about runnin' outa urethanes Gramps-- me 'n George'll bring ya some-- and some pizzas & good ol' A&W boot beer too! :P

Guest Gramps-xrds
Don't you be worryin' about runnin' outa urethanes Gramps-- me 'n George'll bring ya some-- and some pizzas & good ol' A&W boot beer too! :D

:blink::lol::lol: I found some urethane in an old can but, it was really thick so I but some lacquer thinner in it and stirred it up. I hope it works cause I just sprayed it. :lol::lol:

That pizza and root beer does sound good. I can't remember the last time I had a pizza.

If your commin, I like cheesy crust :lol::P:P

Oh, so it's "NO ROAD TRIP - Unless ya bringin ol Gramps some Food" ;)

I see how it is now ;) You is gonna have to put a tutorial up in Tips and Tricks so us mere mortals cna learn to airrybrush a mural like that! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE :D;)

Boy, I don' knows bouts dat Led,

Gramps probly want a pizza pizza as price of admission to hims tootorial on murial :angry: ...an' once he start munchin' won't be much tooterin' goin' on :angry:

:lol::P:lol:

Well, I'm not CB, but for what it's worth, I like how this one's coming!

:D:lol: Hey Chuck, I really likes how it's comin' along too! May seem that I's kinda hard on ol' Gramps at times, but we done learned long ago that we gotta shake the old fart every once inna whiles-- get all dat dust off'n him! ;)

;):P:lol:

Dat freehanded 1/25 airbrushin' :blink: on Gramps' hand made hood :blink: fer his 'Bird is totally outa this world!

(and believe me...I knows 'outa this world')

Guest Gramps-xrds

:lol:;) CB sometimes I really worry about you :lol::D:P;) . Thanks guys for the comments and interest in this project. After re sanding and re clearing I finally got it to point that I can get on to the rest of this build.

Don I didn't think anyone would have a stock hood so I went the best way I knew how. You're right there never was a kit made with this hood.

Here's what it looks like so far.

DSCF0991.jpg

DSCF0987.jpg

DSCF0988.jpg

DSCF0990.jpg

DSCF0992.jpg

That pizza and root beer does sound good. I can't remember the last time I had a pizza.

If your commin, I like cheesy crust :D:P;)

You're right, that does sound good :lol:

Dang it, now I'm hungry :blink:

:lol:;) CB sometimes I really worry about you :blink::P . Thanks guys for the comments and interest in this project. After re sanding and re clearing I finally got it to point that I can get on to the rest of this build.

Don I didn't think anyone would have a stock hood so I went the best way I knew how. You're right there never was a kit made with this hood.

Here's what it looks like so far.

DSCF0991.jpg

DSCF0987.jpg

DSCF0988.jpg

DSCF0990.jpg

DSCF0992.jpg

Beautiful work Gramps, now I just have to wait till I work with the same kid again to show him how it turned out!

See there Gramps? Ya done great! :lol: All's ya neded was a li'l ol' encouragements! Yer 'Bird is lookin super duper incredibly awesome! That urethaney clear really makes them muriels look good! I likes the sky muriel ya put on the roof--way cool!

DSCF0987.jpg

I almost gots to agree with Mr Led 'bout it being the best paint job I ever seen, but I'm rememberin' a '59 Chevy decklid I seen years ago at a cruise, done in an ivory kinda pearl-- looked like ya could stick yer finger in it and swirl some out.

Seriously tho, ya old fart, way to show us young'uns how it's done. Now get 'er done already! :lol:

Guest Gramps-xrds
Beautiful work Gramps, now I just have to wait till I work with the same kid again to show him how it turned out!

Joe, I'm honored and flattered that you'd want to show it to a friend.

Brian, believe me the paint isn't as good as it looks. I does have some small issues, but it's good enough for what I'm tryin to accomplish.

Vis, don't let anyone intimidate you. You have to work at what you're comfortable with.

Just because I threw a shinny paint job on it doesn't mean I'm a great model builder by any means. Sometimes I do things that are acceptable and other times I don't.

I've got the mooncap wheels mounted and the interior done. now all I have to do is the engine and bay. There's not going to be much detail there since I ran out of plug wires and there's no real reason to do a lot of other stuff without them.

I seem to be running out of a lot of things lately :D:o and can't afford to replace them, so I guess I'll just use what I got.

I should be finished with it in a day or so and thanks again for all the interest.

Edited by Gramps-xrds

Guest Gramps-xrds

:P:P Yes I finished a model. :lol::angry: Well as finished as it's gonna get. I don't have any foil so I had to paint the trim and under the hood is nothing to speak of, but all in all, I think it's a good representation of my old car. Hope ya'll like it. It'll prob a long time before I finish another B):P:lol:

DSCF1006.jpg

DSCF1010.jpg

DSCF1011.jpg

DSCF1007.jpg

DSCF1003.jpg

DSCF1002.jpg

DSCF1000.jpg

DSCF0993.jpg

DSCF0998.jpg

:P:P Yes I finished a model. :lol::angry: Well as finished as it's gonna get. I don't have any foil so I had to paint the trim and under the hood is nothing to speak of, but all in all, I think it's a good representation of my old car. Hope ya'll like it. It'll prob a long time before I finish another B):P:lol:

DSCF1006.jpg

DSCF1010.jpg

DSCF1011.jpg

DSCF1007.jpg

DSCF1003.jpg

DSCF1002.jpg

DSCF1000.jpg

DSCF0993.jpg

DSCF0998.jpg

Like it? Like it?

LOVE IT BILL!!!! That is wicked cool! You did an excellent job!

Now get on the phone and order yourself a pizza.... Ya deserve it!

Way to go Gramps! B) I'm glad fer ya! :angry: Neat to have you a model of one of your 1:1s. Love this shot of it too :P Oh yeah-- almost fergot-- got any idea whatever happened to yer 'Bird? :lol:

DSCF1007.jpg

OK Led? Get yer meds? It's all over now :P:lol::P

Edited by CB

Billy, Bill's been doin this for longer than some of us have been BREATHIN!!!!! :):lol::lol: An ya gotta admit, the Ol boy's STILL got it, Shakey hands,blurry eyes an all!!!! ALOT of these guys got skills that most of us would KILL to know! That's why it's so cool here, all these guys will share, if you just ask! You have yet to see some of Bill's other work! :D;)

George,

Quick ! , Go and get another bed sheet . Leddie's slobberin' all over hisself over Gramps over the top mural . That boy is going to drown himself one of these days !

Oh and by the way , you, Cb , and I had a discussion over at the Asylum awhile back. Before we know it , it'll be gettin' cold again. Ya'll know what that means ! We have to take up a collection to buy a helmet for Brian's pointed little head. Remember , he and ice just can't seem to get along. :lol:

We don't want a replay of last winter's antics , now . do we ? Boy knocks himself any goofier and Nurse Ratchet's meds won't even come close to keepin' the boy on the planet !

Yo ! , Bri ! Missed me ..... Dintcha ? :)

The Old Man

Gramps, Great job on the mural ! :lol:

dagone! it looks mighty fine if you ask me, but hey i am just a crazy canuck! i am joking though, it looks un-believable. love the murals and the fact it was a 1:1 makes it way better. very nice build. maybe one day i will be motivated to build my 81 camaro i had 1:1. again great job and thanks for sharing!

Edited by Glen G.