Model Cars Magazine Forum

Classic Alfa

Harry P.

Well harry, I've watched your builds of the other Pocher kits over the years and as usual I'm really impressed at your patience and perseverance not only in just building one of these, but also your problem solving like the oil tank!..but then as I recall you've run into this kind of issue with the others...so I guess your kinda prepared for them cuz it would annoy the hell outa me!! ;) I wonder how many Pocher kits their are out there that remain partially built ;) and yea who want's to mess up a $500 kit!!! but man do yours look awsome when their done :D

Well harry, I've watched your builds of the other Pocher kits over the years and as usual I'm really impressed at your patience and perseverance not only in just building one of these, but also your problem solving like the oil tank!..but then as I recall you've run into this kind of issue with the others...so I guess your kinda prepared for them cuz it would annoy the hell outa me!! ;) I wonder how many Pocher kits their are out there that remain partially built :rolleyes: and yea who want's to mess up a $500 kit!!! but man do yours look awsome when their done :lol:

Every Pocher kit has it's "problems"... it's just something you have to deal with when you build them, it's part of their "charm"... :o

Actually, if you consider that most Pocher kits have between 1,500-2,500 pieces, they really go together amazingly well. Most of the fixes are pretty simple, really. I'm actually amazed at how well the kits are engineered, even despite the occasional goof-up, like the oil tank thing.

OK... time to wrap this baby up. A shot of the rear end...

alfaprogress37.jpg

and a little later in the process...

alfaprogress41.jpg

and the finished product:

alfaprogress43.jpg

alfaprogress44.jpg

alfaprogress46.jpg

base1.jpg

A few glitches along the way, but nothing too severe. I think it turned out well. These kits are definitely a challenge, and they can drive you crazy sometimes because of the complexity and the number of tiny parts... but if you stick with it and take your time (and I mean lots of time!), you wind up with a model that'll knock your socks off. The finished model is about two feet long and looks mighty impressive sitting on the shelf!

• 6 months later...

I have one RR chassis assembled, and another RR kit still in the box, but first I have to finally put the finishing touches on my Mercedes. It's 99.999% finished but I kinda stalled out on it for some reason...

Hey Harry!............beautiful Alfa, though I've seen it before.... :rolleyes:

You should have listened to Paul Koo and moved the engine backwards 10 mm....no more problems with the hood fitting!

I have the Pocher Sedanca Rolls started and the Star of India virgin in the box, once you finish your Mercedes we could go Rolls Roycing together.... :blink:

Cheers............

Mario

Hey Harry!............beautiful Alfa, though I've seen it before.... :rolleyes:

You should have listened to Paul Koo and moved the engine backwards 10 mm....no more problems with the hood fitting!

I have the Pocher Sedanca Rolls started and the Star of India virgin in the box, once you finish your Mercedes we could go Rolls Roycing together.... :blink:

Cheers............

Mario

I built this without the Paul Koo CD. Live and learn, I guess!!! :blink: