Model Cars Magazine Forum

'DRAG' SLOT CAR BUILDING

I'm probably gonna step on toes with this I appologize in advance...There is only 1 airbrush thats an IWATA.I started with a Paasche H,moved to an Aztek then to a Paasche VL set and finally to an IWATA Eclipse HP-CS. If youve seen Mike Lavalle or Ryan "Ryno" Templeton paint chances are this is what they were using.It is very easy on paint being gravity fed and is also a breeze to clean between color changes.I shoot everything through it,Urethane clears,Base coats,Acrylics I have shot some primer through it but very seldom.I use rattlecan primers.

I'm probably gonna step on toes with this I appologize in advance...There is only 1 airbrush thats an IWATA.I started with a Paasche H,moved to an Aztek then to a Paasche VL set and finally to an IWATA Eclipse HP-CS. If youve seen Mike Lavalle or Ryan "Ryno" Templeton paint chances are this is what they were using.It is very easy on paint being gravity fed and is also a breeze to clean between color changes.I shoot everything through it,Urethane clears,Base coats,Acrylics I have shot some primer through it but very seldom.I use rattlecan primers.

Thanx for your reply, appreciate it.

I just checked this unit out...looks cool...

Product ID: TG-SET...NEW Talon Gravity Feed SET

$95.00 was $151.

I did a quick google search and I cant remember if it was amazon or shopzilla I found mine through, but I got it for $75 including shipping. Michaels also had the same thing. If your someplace that has a hobby lobby, you might be able to find a sale coupon for up to 50% off, then you could save that way as well. Thanks. Jody

i use the vl as well. i like it alot, ive had it for years. maybe one day ill upgrade to a gravity feed but the budget isnt there for it right now.

their compressor isnt for me though, not enough constant pressure.

you would be best off to use a compressor with a tank on it and a regulator and a water trap.

100_9370.jpg

1222390742.jpg

100_8809.jpg

778d98fd.jpg

all shot with the vl.

another item to consider when buying an airbrush, parts interchangability/availability. alot of airbrush parts are propritary, meaning they only fit that particular model/brand. make sure you can get the parts when you need them. seals, tips & needles all wear out and if you cant get new ones you now have an expensive way to hold down the instructions for your next build.

Edited by envious8420

i use the vl as well. i like it alot, ive had it for years. maybe one day ill upgrade to a gravity feed but the budget isnt there for it right now.

their compressor isnt for me though, not enough constant pressure.

you would be best off to use a compressor with a tank on it and a regulator and a water trap.

100_9370.jpg

1222390742.jpg

100_8809.jpg

778d98fd.jpg

all shot with the vl.

another item to consider when buying an airbrush, parts interchangability/availability. alot of airbrush parts are propritary, meaning they only fit that particular model/brand. make sure you can get the parts when you need them. seals, tips & needles all wear out and if you cant get new ones you now have an expensive way to hold down the instructions for your next build.

Thanx for all the info. Have you ever painted bodies for other people? If so, what would be a ballpark figure you would charge? I know that there are many variables, plain, mild, wild paint jobs. I am building this '49 Pro Mod Merc...it has a fat body & I would like a paint job like this pic...