Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fordebaker ready for the CKM NNL

Lyle Willits

Lyle, I guess I'm missin the joke, but what part of it is a Studie? The body? It does look different from the bottom of the cab,down by the framerails. Whatever you wanna call it, it came our GREAT, as usual. :rolleyes::lol:

Engine is from the '53 Studebaker kit, with a few scratch built parts.

Apparently, I post on too many boards and never put the in-progress posts on this one.

Body is a shortened '32 Ford tudor sedan. Bed is shortened and smoothed '34 Lindberg item with scratchbuilt tailgate. Deuce grille shell channeled down to match cowl height. Custom grille from '34 pickup filed down to fit inside the shell. (Reps & Mins have casted the body , bed and tailgate. I never intended to have it casted, but Norm thinks he can market it to experience modelers.)

Deuce frame is kicked up in the rear. Front crossmember moved forward 1/8th inch to fit the engine. Front axle and one-off fuel tank was made by Bob Dudek. Resin (Reps & Mins) wide-5 wheels, painted wide whites. '53 Studebaker engine, scratch built headers, etc.

IMG_0373-vi.jpg

I made the traditional wide-5's by combining a '36 and '37 wheel. You don't have to now, because they are in resin.

"Experience modeler" because the cab channels over the frame and interior parts need to be modified accordingly, The gas tank needs to be removed from the frame. The frame needs to be kicked up in the rear to wherever the builder wants the bed. The frame MAY have to be lengthend some, forward of the firewall, depending on what engine is used, etc. Norm always sells resin conversion kits that just drop right onto the donor parts. THIS KIT requires a car modeler of some knowledge of kit bashing and scratch building to complete.

See, I was cobbling this together for myself,,,,,,,

Norm insisted that he can market the parts,,,,,,,,,

Long story,,,,,,,,,

IMG_0983-vi.jpg

Edited by Lyle Willits