Model Cars Magazine Forum

Time Machine Resin

Hello,

I've always heard good things about Time Machine resins. Jeff is a nice guy. I just got the parts and they are absolutely beautiful. I got a few hoods ('64 Vette, '67 small block Vette, '68 small block Vette among others) and several wheels ('64, '65, '66, '70 Vette hubcaps, '57 and '59 dog dishes) The casting is superb in white resin. No flash and cleanup if any, would be minimal. They look like styrene parts to the untrained eye. Very nice parts! I'm very happy!
Here is their link:

http://www.timemachineresin.bravehost.com/

Thanks,

Nice looking stuff and very reasonably priced. I noticed you mentioned that the product was cleanly cast and that helps in making a buying decision.

One question- How was the ordering process? So many times we see nice resin stuff but it takes forever to get it and I would like to know up front if it will take awhile to get it. I don't mind waiting and can build that into a project if I have an idea of how long it will be.

Thanks, I saw some items that I just might have to ask Santa for !

Mike Scheve

• 5 years later...

Does anyone have any info on Jeff from TMR? I paid for a Dodge Revellion body back in Dec 2011 & I still haven't got it. I know Jeff's dad passed at the beginning of the year. I have contacted Jeff a couple of times, the second last time Jeff told me it was going to be shipped that weekend (July) & the last time I contacted him (2 weeks ago), well he still hasn't replyed.

I afraid the company may be over I oder 2 hoods waited 7 months then he refunded me and told me to reorder and he would send them right out so I did and waited another 5 months finally had to demand a refund which I got

Chuck

good luck guys in getting your parts and or money back I just feel lucky

Chuck

It is sad that such a great caster is going through troubles.

I don't have the numbers to back up my statement, but it seems like more than half of the people who try and get into this business run into situations that eventually cause them to shut down. I'm fortunate that I've never been stiffed by one, and we as a board are fortunate to have several reliable casters among our members.

I don't have the numbers to back up my statement, but it seems like more than half of the people who try and get into this business run into situations that eventually cause them to shut down. I'm fortunate that I've never been stiffed by one, and we as a board are fortunate to have several reliable casters among our members.

You are more than likely right om the money. I say it is sad because it is not good for our hobby when people get stiffed .It drives people away.

Not feeling so great that this is my first post... would have liked the subject to be something better.

Sent an order to Time Machine Resins for a ‘65 Coronet in December 2009 and still waiting…
At first, I lost the paperwork so I couldn’t follow up on it. Sent a letter when I found the paperwork in March 2011 and Jeff called me back. One problem, enough time had passed that he couldn’t verify whether he sent it or not but if I would split the cost of a replacement… somewhat agreed with what he said and sent more money. He mentioned some family things were taking his time.

In October 2011, still no Coronet - called again. Exchanged emails in April 2012 and Jeff said OK to a refund. Never got it.

I can cut somebody some slack when life happens - but when it starts looking like someone takes money for orders that they never intend to send, that’s something different.

UPDATE - 11/18/2014

Received my 3 year old order today - good to see Jeff is getting these taken care of - no issues with the quality of the product

Edited by Muncie

ordered a 70 bonneville hdtp body 8 wks the body never showed i e mailed him and he told

me he was sending it that weekend needless to say it never came i contacted him and he gave me an

argument told me now he would be out the body and the money within 1 hour he refunded me the body never showed

i wont take any chances with him anymore does anyone know were i can find a 70 bonneville hdtp body ? (not promo)

still havent found one :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm now at 13+ months for a $100 order. I've requested a refund or my parts - nothing but excuses so far. I understand the people have problems in real life, and I am willing to be understanding and patient, but his website STILL says 4-6 weeks.

Steve

Sorry to see he's still having it rough. I needed a power bulge Cuda hood from him at one point and had to wait some time to get it. Hopefully he can rebound and make a comeback since his work is pretty awesome.

My "Phantasm" Cuda with correct hood...

Manley71cudapowerbulgehoodlarver.jpg