Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dark Beast!!!!

cruz

Very nice job.....could you give a lil insight and info on the Pactra Odds and Ends clear (dry time between coats, how may coats and what method of polishing you used) Thanks.
What's up Jay, good to hear from you man!!! That Odds and Ends is more of a Valspar or Plasti-Kote brand paint, not Pactra, at least that's what I think :blink: One of the Philly guys (Ariel) told me about this clear and I have been using it since, dries hard and goes on smooth, of course, I shoot my clears at a very warm temperature and this one I do it right out of the can, no need to airbrush unless that is your preferred method.

I mist my first three coats 1/2 an hour in between and also the next 3 coats which are applied a bit more wet. After that, I wait another hour and shoot 3 last wet coats with 1/2 an hour in between. After air drying it for a day, I place it in my dehydrator for 24 hours at a temperature of 105 degrees. My dehydrator has several temperature setting options. I like to wet sand so I use my polishing cloths starting with the 3200 all the way up to the 12,000. I suggest to use all your cloths when doing black, you will know why....

After wetsanding is done, I use Maguair's Cleaner Wax and just rub it in a circular motion with my finger, just a little dab will do. I do this in phases, for example, I will do half of the roof, than the other half and so on....

I went out and bought me a high quality chamois from Pep Boys and this is what I use to take off the wax, Jay, you have got to try this man, just ask Bill Geary, after he told me this I never went back to flannel or cotton, this method is awesome bro. Just remember, high quality for the chamois. You will see all your small scratches just dissapear which is what I like about this method.

Hey, by the way, why are you asking me about my method? You lay some cool paint yourself!! :blink::blink: You just took away 5 minutes of my valuable time!!! :lol:;) Just bsing!! :P:P Hope this helps compatriot!!!

Edited by marcos cruz

Hey, by the way, why are you asking me about my method? You lay some cool paint yourself!! :blink::blink: You just took away 5 minutes of my valuable time!!! ;):D Just bsing!! :P:P Hope this helps compatriot!!!

:huh: So sorry...I know a high roller like yourself, time is money ;) Thanks for the info...always looking to try something new.

hey man,

if you have time, could u tell me how u tinted the windows? they look beautiful.

Thanks guys, for the windows, I use Tamiya smoke, you have to very lightly mist this paint until building up the shade you want, it will run on you if not careful!!! Of course, from the inside out.... ;)

Cruz, are you showin off again? I had a chance to see this in person and the paint is smoooooooooth! Very nicely done. You gonna be at "The Showdown"?
Thanks guys, yes Chris, I will be there God permitting, wouldn't miss it for the world!!!! :(