Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for online 1969 Camaro references

Hi Guys,

Are there any online reference sites for the 69 Camaro? I've done a Google search and I basically get sites for cars that are available for sale. I'm mainly looking for color/finish references for the chassis, drive train, suspension components, and interior photos. Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers,

Albert

Hi Guys,

Are there any online reference sites for the 69 Camaro? I've done a Google search and I basically get sites for cars that are available for sale. I'm mainly looking for color/finish references for the chassis, drive train, suspension components, and interior photos. Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers,

Albert

ALBERT-

I used to own a 69 Z-28 (without the R/S option) hugger orange, white houndstooth interior, black vinyl roof and black stripes. (see my avatar picture). I'm planning on doing a 1/12 of my original car sometime next year so you can be sure I'll be watching this post. Anyway, have you tried various Camaro Clubs or restoration sites? I belong to the National Corvette Restoration Society (I now own a 74 vette convertible) and there's all kinds of info there. I would imagine you should be able to do the same for a Camaro. Good Luck! :lol:

Marty

Hi Marty,

Thanks for the club/restoration sites suggestion, I never thought of adding "restoration" to my search criteria! I plan on adding a vinyl roof to my build, along with some other extra goodies. In fact I was just testing to see if the five-spoke rims and tires from the Revell '32 Ford three-window coupe will adapt to the wheel backs from the Camaro, they fit like a charm! I'll be sure to post my progress in the 'On The Workbench' forum.

Thanks again for the help!

Cheers,

Albert

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Albert

Here is a site just of Camaro's can get all kind of ideas from this

http://carnut.com/photo/list/chev/chev69.html

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/stlouiscarmuse...from=&_ipg=

Check here at EBAY motors. When they do have the car you need to research, EBAY posts have

lots of photos in them. From the outside to inside. At this time I see only a 67 camaro convertible.

There are some nice pics to look at that can give you some ideas.

Jus gotta wait sometimes but sometimes theres a ton of good stuff.

Laters Nitro

Edited by 808 Nitro

Here is THE site for First Gen Camaro info:

http://www.z28camaro.com/index.html

This is Jerry MacNeish's site and Jerry is THE MAN for the first Gen Camaros. He is also very approachable. I have e-mailed him in the past about my friend's 69 SS 396 Camaro. I would suggest to you and any of you guys that want to know EVERYTHING about the First Gen camaros. Buy his books. Worth every penny. You will learn things like. The 69 Camaro hood that everyone calls a "Cowl" hood is incorrect. What it truely is called is a ZL2 Special Ducted Hood or also known as the Super Scoop. It is in fact NOT a cowl Hood. A cowl hood is what the 70 Chevelles had with the flap that opened up by the "Cowl" to take in forward forced air. The Camaro Special Ducted Hood took in air from the rear coming off of the windshield. Just a little bit of Camaro facts that I learned years ago from one of Jerry's great books. His books crack allot of the First Gen Camaro myths. Highly Recommended to Camaro lovers.

Matt

Edited by dencon

Hi

How stock are going to build this Z28? My brother has a black Z with skunk stripes and I am told a rare option of rear disk brakes. There was only two hundred made. It has all the goodies on it, cross over manifold cowl hood headers etc.

:D

Tony N

Thanks for the additional resources Nitro, Bill, Matt, and Tony. As for how stock- it will be about 98% stock. The only thing I'm going to change are the tires and rims (standard muscle car fare in that department). Thanks again for all links and information!

Cheers,

Albert