Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevrolet Belair `62 x 2

Janne Herajärvi

I builted this model as some racecar when i was 14 years old. It was first kit what i detailed little bit more. Engine did have ingnitionwires, fuellines etc. And opened trunk! Well yesterday i foundet this model in pieces from my storage. Im prettyhappy about it becouse allmost every piece is in safe. This projekt takes a time cause i have to strip all paints of and ofcource paint them again.

Here is the engine :lol:

chevy409002-1.jpg

Here is the body and some pieces.

chevy409003.jpg

All comments are welcome :lol:

Edited by Janne Herajärvi

Small update. So here we go again with brush and Humbrol enamels. If you have seen my `55 Chevy, you know the results of this paintjob ;) Top of body is gonna be black. This is gonna be some kind of custom, just lets see how this story ends :lol:

chevy62001.jpg

As you see the brush what i use so its not big, but its best :P Its just way you use it :lol:

I did see your Chevy and was impressed with the paint job. Especially considering you did it with a brush. I assume you sand and polish this type of paint job to complete it. In the picture, there is a small brush leaning on the red paint can. Is that the brush you use? It is very small! Smaller than I would have expected.

Do you paint by brush because you like the challenge and the satisfaction of mastering a difficult task, or is it out of necessity? I would like to try this technique someday for the challenge.

cheers

Gonna be a great project! I really like when you go through your older model boxes and find something you put away for whatever reason and then inspiration takes over and you finish them! My last three completions have been refugees from the storage box. I can't believe you were cutting deck lids open at 14! Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Thanks guys for comments!

Alyn: That is really brush what i use. It must be pretty wet of paint and then just long drafts on the body. Best results come with Humbrol gloss enamelcolors, they will give smooth finish. I do just wetsand in the middle of painting. So no need to polishing, wax or other stuff. I brushpaint because ill have best results with brush in colors black and red. Other colors i usually airbrush.

voljeepx: I like this kind of projects, but this is first reconstrutionjob for me. I was happy supriced about that opened trunk because it was done prettygood.

Cheers....

Here is little referencepic of paintjob by brush. It will shine beautifully and no need to polish! Whole car is not gonna be so smooth as bumper, but very glose!

chevy62003.jpg

And here is hood in black, just need to wetsand it and paint another time.

chevy62004.jpg

It really is better than some spraycan-paintjobs! :D

Edited by Janne Herajärvi

Thank you guys! Ive got lots of cool ideas for this car :lol: Like those hoodscoops, they will fit prettygood in Belair`s hood. Then i testfitted some rearspoiler on it, spoiler was too short but it would be cool on top of trunk! This is gonna be somekind of protouring or oldschoolcustom, just lets see how this story ends. And whatever its gonna look ill hope that you enjoy it :lol: Just wait until the beast is back in bisnes..

Cheers...

Small update. Here is some parts for engine what i am going to use. There isnt all becouse ill have to find rest of them from my partsbox. So little heavydetailing is coming to. But do not wait too much becouse i am beginner on these things. :blink:

chevy62003-2.jpg

And yes, i just wanted black 409 engine on this build :blink: Cheers...

Hey, looks excellent for using a paintbrush! My very very first kits I used a brush and they turned out like junk...course I was using Testors paint. Quick question: are you planning on putting some pin striping along where the black and red meet?

Edited by YJIslander