Model Cars Magazine Forum

How I ended up here

As I browsed thru Micheals crafts waiting for my wife to pick out swaorski crystals for bracelt making(her hobby).In the kids crafts section (yea right lol) I came across a 98 saleen convertible model kit(similar to my 1/1, 04 gt vert).I was struck with found memories of my childhood doing models.I figured I could do this with my 9 yr old son and it woud be good quality time.

So we picked up the kit,few small bottles of testors,can of white spray(my 1/1 color),glue etc. $40 for some quality time no biggie.We brought it home,lil' greg had no interest besides the spraying part.I completed it in a few days with his help of painting the body.

Not the end of the story,3 months later I have done 8 models alone,I have accounts at several online model suppliers,a tub full of unbuilt kits and assesories, a garage that has been sheetrocked,painted,drop ceiling and turned into a hobby room and a serious addiction(hobby)

DSC01934.jpg

I strive for the elusive perfect model,my results are far from it so I believe I will be here awhile!

I have not used one of them Testors work sheets in so long, I should use them once in awhile. You can use that SA rag for putting your glue on so you don't ruin the Testor's covering. B)

:blink: I love it..

Sounds like your up and running really quick.

got yourself a whole hobbie room.

If ya sign up for the weekly Em ads from Micheals, you get a 40-50% off coupon now and then..

Welcome aboard.

If ya gonna have A serious addiction, Ya couldn't get a better one than this.. :blink:

The 1st step in recovery is ADMITTING to yourself that you HAVE/ARE an ADDICT/ADDICTION!!! The rest is just workin on recovery! Fortunately THERE ARE support groups like THIS one,That JUST HAPPENS to be THE BEST GROUP on the PLANET!!! WELCOME Greg, an I hope you get as junked out on this hobby as the rest of us!!! :lol::lol::lol:

The 1st step in recovery is ADMITTING to yourself that you HAVE/ARE an ADDICT/ADDICTION!!! The rest is just workin on recovery! Fortunately THERE ARE support groups like THIS one,That JUST HAPPENS to be THE BEST GROUP on the PLANET!!! WELCOME Greg, an I hope you get as junked out on this hobby as the rest of us!!! ;););)

Recovery ??? There's hope for recovery from this ?;)

Russell