Model Cars Magazine Forum

'Snowball 2'

Abell82

• 2 months later...

While I have not been posting to the thread, I have been watching.

As one of the contributers/builders on the original Snowball project, I would really like to see this one move on and get completed. Snowball vanished literally for years, then showed up again looking great in paint, but to this day as far as I now, still not finished.

From what I have read here, it would seem that some of the original builders may no longer be involved, but there still seems to be enough other folks to be willing to take up the slack.

Please, build on!

I have Snowball, right now.

My appologies I have been stalling.

Part of the problem is that members come and go so quick I find it a challenge to figure out who it should go to next.

Not to mention a couple have changed thier on line names.

As of right now the line up will be:

Jason Vandergriff

Lordmodelbuilder

Fuelcoupe

Bkcustoms

Gpugh1976

Roadhawg

Bandit1

This is always subject to change of course.

Any objections?

Edited by Abell82

no prob jason....i only have one problem though...its when i would go mail it back out to someone else ...i dont have the money to do it...but i can scratch a suspension for it ....that flows with the build if you would like ...maybe someone can help me if i was to get snowball???

One possiblity could be that when a piece of the job needs to be done, say your suspension idea, or maybe dash, or whatever, when you may not need to get the whole box and the rest of the model, you get or start with only that portion you need. Do you have a similar frame around that you could mock everything up on? If so, you might not even need to get the kit at all to participate for example. If so, then you would only be mailing a small padded envelope at a much smaller cost to the person that has the model at that time.

Any thoughts?

Bandit1

I really hate to be the downer here but I am going to anyway. Let me explain this to you...

First NO ONE is gauranteed anything, or position or this or that, until their time comes.

So getting your heart set to make the chassis is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Second You are like 5th in line.

This means it could be as little as 5 months or as long as 2 years before you ever lay hands on it (the way things are going.) .

Are you seriously telling every one on the board, that you plan on not having 10-15 dollars in 5 months -2 years?

Someone check my math but by my calculations all you need is $.10 per day. to make 15.00 in 5 months. {5months @30 days /15.00}

My advice to you is to plan for success rather then failure.

(I have "proof" read this and it comes off more harsh than it is really meant too. BUT it gets the point across, so I'll leave it.)

Edited by Abell82

(I have "proof" read this and it comes off more harsh than it is really meant too. BUT it gets the point across, so I'll leave it.)

My thoughts on this? You are dead right. A person petitioning for a place in this really should not advertise themselves at the exact sort of person that causes these builds to fail in the first place! (I'll go away now.)

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this? seeems like a lot of wasted work for some of us?

I can see how you'd feel that way, after trying to take on most of the whole project by yourself.

To the rest I have pmed Jason Vandergriff, I have not heard back.

I will wait 1 more week. After that it will default to the next in line.... Lord Modelbuilder.

I can see how you'd feel that way, after trying to take on most of the whole project by yourself.

To the rest I have pmed Jason Vandergriff, I have not heard back.

I will wait 1 more week. After that it will default to the next in line.... Lord Modelbuilder.

Excuse me sticking my nose in, but if someone doesn't respond to a PM for weeks, what will they be like with the build itself?

• 2 weeks later...
Excuse me sticking my nose in, but if someone doesn't respond to a PM for weeks, what will they be like with the build itself?

He's been a member since Nov of '06, only made 23 posts and was last active in December of '11. You be the judge.........

So, you two have already judged me just because I didn't see the last PM sent to me and the fact that I haven't posted at least 1,388 posts.

Really is sad.

Edited by Lordmodelbuilder

So, you two have already judged me just because I didn't see the last PM sent to me and the fact that I haven't posted at least 1,388 posts.

Really is sad.

Nope, I judged the guy before you!

If you look back, at the messages properly, you will see that you were contacted after I made my comment, which does stand, because the bloke before you on the list still hasn't responded. In fact you were contacted because I made my comment.

Edited by otherunicorn

Just throwing this out there. Maybe it's just time to send this back to the guy who bought the original kit and write this one off? If we were all professional model builders that do this all day for a living I can see something like this doing well, but this is a hobby and people get caught up in life.

Thoughts?

Just throwing this out there. Maybe it's just time to send this back to the guy who bought the original kit and write this one off? If we were all professional model builders that do this all day for a living I can see something like this doing well, but this is a hobby and people get caught up in life.

Thoughts?

It does sound like there is at least one person still keen on having his shot at it, so why not let him?

If something like this is attempted again, perhaps it should be limited to three or four people, and done as a speed build, so it happens while there is still enthusiasm.

Thoughts?

If this project got sent back then all the time and work invested by the builders who did exactly what they were supposed to would be for nothing. I find that to be really unfair to them and also to those of us who are willing to contribute to this project.

If this project got sent back then all the time and work invested by the builders who did exactly what they were supposed to would be for nothing. I find that to be really unfair to them and also to those of us who are willing to contribute to this project.

Absolutely. Not to mention since I started it, and I now have it, it would be wasting my time and money just to mail it to myself. (LOL!)

(A little comedy to lighten the mood.)

I have heard from Lordmodelbuilder and will be mailing it to him on Monday.

I think the bigger problem is that it got moved to the Community build section ( it does belong here)

But I question the traffic that this forum gets. I have a gut feeling that many posters don't come to this section at all? Maybe I'm wrong, let's find out....

I was on the original builder list for this model and wanted to stay on the list.

I do intend on working on the model and then shipping it off to the next modeler

on the list after my 30 days is up.

I don't see that my not being on this site or any other site for that matter makes

any difference in my character.

Feel free to judge me all you want after I work on the model. Brad

Well, I hope that those have read this post before, use their "content" option, which lets them see that posts to lists they have been watching are updated. I think that activity, and interest can still be generated in it, but even if not, it would still be great to see it through.

Absolutely. Not to mention since I started it, and I now have it, it would be wasting my time and money just to mail it to myself. (LOL!)

(A little comedy to lighten the mood.)

I have heard from Lordmodelbuilder and will be mailing it to him on Monday.

I think the bigger problem is that it got moved to the Community build section ( it does belong here)

But I question the traffic that this forum gets. I have a gut feeling that many posters don't come to this section at all? Maybe I'm wrong, let's find out....