Model Cars Magazine Forum

'Snowball 2'

Abell82

Here you can see what I did with the "tubs" if you want to call them that. They are basically "attached" at this point and roughed in. I will clean them up a bit before I pass Snowball along.

I used a donor piece from a '54 Delivery I'm currently working on. As luck would have it, I didn't plan on using the back half of this piece anyways.

12-vi.jpg

Here are the wheel wells cut out and sized down to fit. I took several vertical splices out of them to get them to the right size and then took out quite a bit at the bottom to get the height right.

13-vi.jpg

Installed....

14-vi.jpg

And while I was waiting for the glue to dry, I started playing with the rear suspension. I chose this rearend as it's dimensions are spot on and I got it all trimmed up/cleaned up and ready to go.

15-vi.jpg

It would appear that this project MAY need more particpants to complete it. Should we accept more participants or just finish it and be done? If we accept more participants how many,more? Opinions?

I think we need to have one person to make all the pieces that don't really fit into any category (such as mounting tabs, hood hinges, windows etc..), someone paint all the parts, someone to do ALL the interior work, and someone to put it all together. so after greg is done we need at least 4 more people to participate.

I think we need to have one person to make all the pieces that don't really fit into any category (such as mounting tabs, hood hinges, windows etc..), someone paint all the parts, someone to do ALL the interior work, and someone to put it all together. so after greg is done we need at least 4 more people to participate.

im still here myself!...i didnt crawl up some hole and die yet! :lol: ...im on the list still and i think im either next in line or the guy after the next one...ill double check here in a sec! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: just checked...Roadhawg has it next!....then me....

Edited by bandit1

Well, my plan was to have the frame assembled, painted and up off the ground on wheels/tires. If you don't want me to take it that far, just let me know. I've been looking at the list also and I was figuring that each of us would either need to do more when we have the car or recruit some more people to work on it. Anyways, just let me know.

Edited by gpugh1976

Well, my plan was to have the frame assembled, painted and up off the ground on wheels/tires. If you don't want me to take it that far, just let me know. I've been looking at the list also and I was figuring that each of us would either need to do more when we have the car or recruit some more people to work on it. Anyways, just let me know.

Your not going to use the stock leaf spring setup are you? :blink: that would just look odd on a hot rod? :huh: ,...i was planning on putting a 4 link w/ panhard bar in it with air ride shocks?....that was my plan for the rear suspension...if you want to tackle that then go ahead...then ill figure out maybe paint and body? :P besides the paint may give me an exuse to use my new airbrush i hadnt used yet since getting! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've just been cleaning up and sanding on the frame, getting it ready for paint. Nothing picture worthy really. I promise I'm working on it though! :D

I'm hoping to have the frame painted next weekend. Stay tuned.

Sorry but your time is up (and then some) time to pass it on painted or not done or not.

I recieved this message from Bandit 1 AKA Sean Brady Today...

"Sent Today, 11:38 AM from bandit1

one thing before i do....Is there any way i can get hlp mailing it to the next guy...all i have is enough $$$ to get it painted ....i need to see if there is anyway you or the group can help me get it mailed to the next guy?...im pm'en the other guy my addy now"

Not to be jerk but my free time is limited and I don't feel like beating around the bush here so...

I have already voiced my opinion on this matter and that is this: Each member pays there own way.

That is the cost of playing. I don't believe that is asking too much? Further is the project even ready for paint?

I have about thirty cans of paint in my stash, I think this is pretty typical?

It sounds to me like someone will play but wants no real investment in it.

However, I'll let the good people of the forum decide. Since this IS a forum project...

Please place your votes.

I recieved this message from Bandit 1 AKA Sean Brady Today...

"Sent Today, 11:38 AM from bandit1

one thing before i do....Is there any way i can get hlp mailing it to the next guy...all i have is enough $$$ to get it painted ....i need to see if there is anyway you or the group can help me get it mailed to the next guy?...im pm'en the other guy my addy now"

Not to be jerk but my free time is limited and I don't feel like beating around the bush here so...

I have already voiced my opinion on this matter and that is this: Each member pays there own way.

That is the cost of playing. I don't believe that is asking too much? Further is the project even ready for paint?

I have about thirty cans of paint in my stash, I think this is pretty typical?

It sounds to me like someone will play but wants no real investment in it.

However, I'll let the good people of the forum decide. Since this IS a forum project...

Please place your votes.

YO!...I cant help but to ASK FOR HELP! :angry: ...SOME OF US AIN'T MADE OF $$$...there is some that have to make do with what they have! -_- and besides...ill have to wait on it to come to see where were at anyways... :angry:

YO!...I cant help but to ASK FOR HELP! :angry: ...SOME OF US AIN'T MADE OF $$$...there is some that have to make do with what they have! -_- and besides...ill have to wait on it to come to see where were at anyways... :angry:

I don't think any of us are MADE of $$$. However I told you NO back in February .... SO COOL THE ATTITUDE.

Need a reminder??

Bandit1

I really hate to be the downer here but I am going to anyway. Let me explain this to you...

First NO ONE is guaranteed anything, or position or this or that, until their time comes.

So getting your heart set to make the chassis is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Second You are like 5th in line.

This means it could be as little as 5 months or as long as 2 years before you ever lay hands on it (the way things are going.) .

Are you seriously telling every one on the board, that you plan on not having 10-15 dollars in 5 months -2 years?

Someone check my math but by my calculations all you need is $.10 per day. to make 15.00 in 5 months. {5months @30 days /15.00}

My advice to you is to plan for success rather then failure.

(I have "proof" read this and it comes off more harsh than it is really meant too. BUT it gets the point across, so I'll leave it.)

Edited by Abell82

Seriously? There shouldn't even be an argument here. If you can't afford to move it on, you shouldn't be participating. I thought that was a given on a project like this.

Sean, if $8 to ship a kit is a burden for you, you should probably be putting hobbies on hold completely until you actually have the money to spend. I've been there so I know what I'm talking about.

If Sean can't afford it, then he can't afford it. plain and simple, that being said I would gladly help if I could but right now my 1:1 is eating all my money. I almost wonder if looping the project back through the people that have already worked on it and done what they were supposed to do until it was finished would be a good idea. this way we know the project would at least be somewhat on schedule since the people working on it have already proven that they will ship it when the time comes. just a thought.......Billy

• 3 weeks later...

I can see how you'd feel that way, after trying to take on most of the whole project by yourself.

Realistically, i only did some bodywork. Like I was assigned.

Then you wonder why ppl are or have lost interest in this build. :blink:

Great attitude to have.

Edited by envious8420

Well, I'm done with what I wanted to complete. I apologize for running over my 30 days but I figured I might as well keep working on it until I was either done with my task or until someone was ready to get it next.

Here's the completed frame. It was painted with Testors Boyd Colors High-Gloss Black shot through an airbrush.

22-vi.jpg

23-vi.jpg

24-vi.jpg