Model Cars Magazine Forum

What might have been?

Harry P.

Erik, that Edsel needs a longer rear... needs to be stretched a little bit between the rear window and the back end. But a cool idea!

yeah i was trying to make it look modern, i actualy stated by drawing a mustang, thats why it has the short rear.

if i had the facilitys to make fibreglass body panels, i would totaly make conversion kit for the 2010 mustang. i get the feeling it would'nt exactly sell like hotcakes tho... ;):lol:

some people just dont like awsome cars. :lol:;):lol:

hmmm is need to make a teletouch transmission tho...how would i do that? lol

by the way, im almost sure i saw that that tranzam rendering in hot rod magazine. some companys making convo kits and seling them. thats a real car. :D

Edited by bobman331

What if Chrysler designed a 2-door Magnum?:

magnum2.jpg

This was a quick PS job, as you can still see the kink in the upper window/roof frame...but it looks a lot sleeker than the original IMO. Existing pic- I never would have chosen these wheels!

Edited by Casey

Fun with Photoshop, looks like.

Lots of interesting what ifs. A phantom I've long mulled is what would an Oldsmobile version of the F-body had looked like if Olds had it's own Camaro/Firebird equivalent from '67?

See Rob this is why people don't give me F body related idea's, now I have to build it.

Fun with Photoshop, looks like.

Lots of interesting what ifs. A phantom I've long mulled is what would an Oldsmobile version of the F-body had looked like if Olds had it's own Camaro/Firebird equivalent from '67?

I'm working on it... :)

I'm working on it... :D

Hmmm, lemme guess....Super Stock wheels, Rocket steering wheel, aluminum diff. cover, integral hood & header panel with a "widow maker" at the leading edge, and a small block Olds 350 underhood? B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Harry- have you ever tried a '70 Mustang with hideaway headlamps? It would've been cool looking. I have a suspicion that the styling department had precisely that in mind, but the bean counters nixed it, and they just slapped on those stupid, standard sealed beams in the grille.

Harry- have you ever tried a '70 Mustang with hideaway headlamps? It would've been cool looking. I have a suspicion that the styling department had precisely that in mind, but the bean counters nixed it, and they just slapped on those stupid, standard sealed beams in the grille.

Never tried that.

NICE (to both). If I had ta pick one I'd probably go with the 1st one simply cause its blue. ;)

I actually like the second version. Not the color so much, but the "normal" headlights where they should be (not in the grille like the stock '70).