Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Chevy Chevelle Malibu Wagon

Car Crazy 81

This is my 4th Chevelle wagon i've built except this time im building one with a small block under the hood. The engine is from a Revell 63 Impala SS with parts box cylinder heads, intake manifold & valve covers im even adding a set of headers from a AMT 66 Nova SS Street Machine kit. What ya'll think so far.

Edited by LSU Fan 1981

This is my 4th Chevelle wagon i've built except this time im building one with a small block under the hood. The engine is from a Revell 63 Impala SS with parts box cylinder heads, intake manifold & valve covers im even adding a set of headers from a AMT 66 Nova SS Street Machine kit. What ya'll think so far.

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

I like it so far. one day I'm gonna have to build me one of these, my second real model was a AMT '65 Chevelle wagon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Heres the latest on the Wagon i'd made a few changes along the way such as grafting a cowl induction hood scoop from a optional hood from a Revell 69 Nova kit and used the kits SS hood to do it, added a set of rallye wheels from a Revell 68 Corvette kit and parts box tires and also chucked the small block and went with the kits big block that was in my 64 Chevy C10 Pickup. I ougha have this one repainted back Bahama Blue once i get another hot day im getting this wagon done by the 27th in order to enter it in the Tigerfest show.

66ChevyChevelleWagon.jpg

66ChevyChevelleWagon2.jpg

66ChevyChevelleWagon3.jpg

Edited by LSU Fan 1981

• 3 weeks later...

Since the body is soaking in the diptank due to the 3rd paint attempt getting ruined i'd figured i show ya'll the completed interior & frame so here goes. Once the body is painted i'll show ya'll that one too. Im trying to get this one finished in time for the Tigerfest show next saturday i'll make the deadline tooth and nail on this one.

66ChevyChevelleWagon-1.jpg

66ChevyChevelleWagon2-1.jpg

66ChevyChevelleWagon3-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Heres the latest on the Wagon i think i got the body work on this one just right this project has practically make me go stir crazy. I'd used some Aves Apoxie Sculpt 2-part expoxy to fill the tailgate & the seams on the cowl induction scoop that i'd grafted onto the kits hood. I ougha have some paint on it for the last time by next week.

ModelCars013.jpg

ModelCars015.jpg

ModelCars014.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'd finally have this one in paint thank goodness for that i'd used Dupli-Color Bahama Blue Metallic and used Dupli-Color Clearcoat to seal the deal its close to being finished i might have it finished by the end of the weekend.

ModelCars016.jpg

ModelCars017.jpg

ModelCars018.jpg

ModelCars019.jpg

ModelCars020.jpg

Edited by LSU Fan 1981