Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is the cheapest aircompresser that you can buy new in canada

The cheapest compressor is going to be cheap for a reason-it's junk!

Buying a cheap compressor is false economy... yeah, you'll save a few bucks up front, but a few months later when that piece of junk breaks down you'll wish you would have bought a better one.

Do yourself a favor... save your money until you have enough to buy a quality compressor. It'll cost you more up front, but it'll last much longer and probably actually save you money in the long run. There are a lot of good compressors suitable for powering an airbrush for around $100.

Harbor Freight has a bunch of them for even less than $100.

The cheapest way to go would be to put some paint in your mouth (don't swallow it) and puff up your cheeks. Aim face at model and quickly press your cheeks which will force the paint from your mouth onto your model.

Yo Nick - can you tell I'm in a terrific mood? Your name came up today at Lyn's storage place. Brandon and I agree that you're an okay person.

Nick, if you have a Harbor Freight around you, Harry's right, they carry one for about 70.00 bucks! Use their 20% off coupon, you can find a coupon in ALOT of car mags these days, Hot Rod, Popular Hot Rodding,or Super Chevy come to mind. Jus get you a regulator water trap, also at Harbor Freight for 19.95, an you should be good ta go,for LESS than a hunnert bucks!! :) Hope this helps! :lol::lol:

I'm with Harry on this one. I get mine through Harbor Freight. You can get a good nail gun compressor for under $100. Look for one that can hold five gallons. Things I would also look for is a moisture trap off the compressor. And a regulator as well.

Also get an inline moisture trap for the air hose for the air brush.

Inline moisture trap

IMG_1390.jpg

Moisture trap and regulator off the compressor

IMG_1389.jpg

I made one that take's about 10 minutes to get up to 100 pounds but there no way you need that much air to airbrush anyway. the house fan on low is way louder then this is. if i can find the link on the how to do you want me to send it to you?

here's a pic. of mine

SilentAirCompressor.jpg

Edited by bob bauman

The title says it all.

My first compressor for my aibrush a $140 badger blew up on me in less then 6 months. My next one was one my dad bought at a aucyion was homemade using a 3/4 horsepower compressor ona tank with regulator. when that gave up after a couple years I bought a small portable compressor from Sears one of those that look likes the ones you hook up to a car battery but it was 110 volt hooked it up to the tank and regulator and shut off valve that my dad had bought. was a little noisy bue lasted 4years. Now i have a Cambell hausefirld that I bought at Walmart for under $80 has a built in regulator and shutoff valve and will keep up wiyh me when i am painting. It has a 2 ga;;on tank. had it now for over 4 years. you can get thissame type of compressor at lowes and harbor freight.

Canadian Tire has a special on this week starting tomorrow. A CH twin stack (which is what I use) for under $100.

I would suggest Canadian Tire also, they have great deals on compressors every few months. Find one you like and ask if it is going on sale soon. I bought 2 from there each is still going strong years later.

Where's Nick?

Let me consolidate what's been said here a little bit. Buy a good compressor for about $100 CDN. Add to that a regulator and a moisture trap if it doesn't come with one. Airbrushes don't take a lot of air by volume or pressure. If I were you I'd buy the Badger Compressor from kitbash1 for a good start.

Gary