Model Cars Magazine Forum
Semi Trailer Mechanic

28Ft. Rib side Trailer

Very, very nice job. The interior looks almost exactly like one of the trailers I load and unload several times a week at work. Excellent.

Man the inside of that trailer looks like the one that comes and picks up our used tires .... Except it aint got big holes in the roof lol Too bad the wind got up and knocked it on its side tho ....hope ya can right it and it aint too messed up

What's goin' on...

Thanks for the compliments fellas. As far as what truck I'll build for this I have no clue. I started building an old Diamond Reo but considering the truck now is nearly longer than this trailer I'll have to build another truck. :lol: Maybe make a day cab GMC Astro? The threshold plate warpage wasn't planned!!! Since the floorboards are strips of basswood I used Walthers GOO to attatch the diamond plate (Plastruct 1:100) but the glue was too hot and it warped it. I tried removing that and starting over but getting that off would've caused some damage so I left it. here's a picture I just took of the AMT Duster inside. This one is 25th scale so I'm sure a 24th scale car can fit too. To hide the warped threshold plate I was thinking about scratchbuilding palletized freight using cling wrap as shrink wrap.

3942564602_1ac15e3be7_b.jpg

Nice looking trailer and one I would like to add to the back of my Mack DM600, if I ever get it done!

Oh, and "Up the Irons!"

It's gonna be cool whatever rig you use.... Man, that's some good weathering....