Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin Realm

I got an annoying feeling with this company.

I wanted to have 5-6 bodies from this list: Jimmy Flintstone @ Resin Realm.

My friend does import model stuff to Finland, so I decided to ask his help on this case. He made the order, paid it when asked, and poof - nothing happened. We mailed to this "Steve" -guy several times, demanded our goods etc, but we never got those. "Steve" told us that the goods have been shipped, that's all. About an year old case now. We lost several dozen euros on this case, and this firm has been reported to credit card companies as an untrusted company.

Anyone have had better luck with it? Or any hints how to get stuff working..?

EDIT; later on this thread You'll able to see full explanation, but the problem wasn't on Resin Realm after all... I got only wrong information about claimed order.

Edited by asco

Hum…. very odd to listen this.. at last for me. I live in Brazil and I started to buy at RR (Steve) about 4 years ago. I never had problem dealing with him. Matter of fact, I must praise Steve. He always quickly replied me and also helped me to find models that he even not commercializes. I always recommend Steve and Resin Realm. I’m sorry to hear this and hope you can solve it as soon as possible. By the way, I guess Steve is a member of MCM Forum as well.

Are you talking about Steve Kohler???? If he says he mailed them, he mailed them!!! Why you haven't gotten them is anybody's guess, But Steve's service is the BEST!!! He ALWAYS lets me know when he's sent my order, he's NEVER not kept his word to me, and I PERSONALLY don't know of a better guy to deal with! I'm sorry this has happened to you, it must be due to the postal systems of BOTH our countrys but as far as Steve is concerned, he one of the BEST resin dealers I've EVER dealt with. I would NEVER worry about him not coming thru for me, or trying to cheat me. He's JUST NOT LIKE THAT. Like I said, I am sorry this happened to you, but I DON'T think it was his fault. Hopefully you can get this resolved. :lol:

Guest Mustang3.8

I've dealt with Steve and he has always come through for me. I would recommend him anytime. He makes a great quality item, and ships quick. ;)

Although I've not bought anything from Steve, I have from his partner, Jerry Koszut, and he's one of the nicest people I've ever dealt with in the hobby. There was a minor delay in getting a body I ordered, and Jerry expedited the shipping (overnight) and threw in a couple of little extras as a "sorry about that." I spoke with him on the phone a couple of times while getting this straightened out, and I was dealt with very, very fairly, and I've never heard a bad thing about either of these guys, and once I have some money again, will happily buy from them.

Sometimes, their suppliers can be a little slow, though, and that can be a problem beyond either of their control. Remember, they don't do the casting, just the distribution.

Charlie Larkin

You should contact me about the problem with your order. Who is your buddy that placed the order? If he is in the US, I always pay for delivery confirmation. I don't recall anyone ordering 6 Jimmy Flintstone bodies from me at one time. I will always make good on any transactions, but I need to know who I dealt with. I have been doing mail order for over six years and haven't lost an order yet. I wouldn't even know about this problem if I didn't frequent this board. If you contact me, we can try to figure out what happened. In the mean time, I don't have a clue about your purchase.

After reading what you posted, I was a little hasty in my reply. I would like to ask a couple of questions.

1 Why did you not order from me direct? Shipping charges to Finland are not that great. I have shipped dozens of packages to Finland without a problem.

2 Are you sure your friend made a payment to me? I can check my Paypal records to see if there is a payment, but I will need to know his name to check it. Who did I actually ship it to?

3 You stated that you or your friend contacted me several times and demanded that I ship your product. That is a lie. No one has contacted me and demanded that I ship anything to them. If so, I would have responded then. It is easy to earn a bad reputation and extremely difficult to keep a good reputation. I strive to keep a good reputation.

4 Why did you wait a year to address this situation? It could have been taken care of a long time ago.

It's a shame that you supposedly turned my name in to the credit card company. For years, I have tried to give my customers the best service that I can. I have always offered refunds if they were not satisfied with the product they recieved or offered replacements for anything that might be broken. I always ship orders out within two days of recieving payment. I will continue to offer the best service that I can. I suggest you contact me personally instead of through a second party and we can figure out what went wrong.

I stand behind Steve, I consider him a friend, and I am glad that he posted a response here.

I am sure that this matter will be resolved, and I will be removing the thread as soon as I get confirmation that everything is okay.

If you guys have a problem with a vendor, seller, advertiser, or anyone in the hobby, please try to resolve with the Model Car Mediator (moi) before posting on the forum.

Usually, I can help in resolving the issues at hand, before they become html harpoons.

Steve, thanks for all you do for the hobby.

Hope to see you soon, my friend.

Thanks for all the replies, and especially, thanks for Mr. Kohler's own reply here.

I will now, after reading all these replies, contact my friend here in Finland, who claimed to me that he has made the order. He also claimed that he paid over 50 $ via paypal, and he never got those moneys back, never got the package, got few all around replies from the firm and so on. Now, if this is the only problem ever faced on this firm, I'll check it out what the hey is going on here...

Thanks in advance, I'll get back to this asap. :lol:

I hate to butt in here, but I think like you said....need to check with your friend on this. I know Steve very well for years and is like family to me. We live about 3minutes apart ....I see him all the time. I have absolutely NO doubt in my mind that someone has pulled your leg .....but it was not Steve.

Steve is the kind of guy that will give you his shirt off his back, he helps people all the time in and outside of this hobby.......he donates money and model kits to help our club, he donated his 20 some year collection of awards to help the club out too....these are not the actions of a swindler... ..I hope you figure this out because I guarantee there are a whole LOT of people who will stand by Steve's integrity.

Edited by awbcrazy

I am honestly happy to see this kind of loyalty, and people are all claiming that things are good. I appreciate this, and this makes be believe that some mistake has happened on somewhere along the packages trip or something...

Anyway, I was talking with my friend yesterday, 45 minutes on telephone asking and confirming certain things. I may give all the details and names but I guess it ain't correct to do here in public forum. I try to figure out how to use private messages on this board type and I'll contact Steve stright.

I recalled the time a little wrong, it's about 6 months by now. We've been waiting and waiting due we wanted to believe package is on it's way. Paid with Paypal. Got some kind of mail, that claims all are ok and package has been shipped to City of Turku, Finland. Few mails posted lately, then no reply anymore to any mails.

No any kind of tracking code provided, and I understood it has been asked.

I try to PM Mr. Kohler now...

• 2 weeks later...

After various e-mails with mr. Steve Kohler, and my dealer here in Finland, I have resolved this case, I guess...

I suppose there were no any kind of problems wih Steve's business, and all the problems and untrustworthy dealing happened here in Finland - I suppose my dealer has been bluffing me on this case. He has no any kind of evidence of any kind of order, no any kind of proof of purchase, no markings on paypal etc etc.

So I'm here on my knees praying forgiveness rfom Mr. Steve Kohler and all the people who might have bad feeling about this post here... I'm sorry of pointing out a wrong direction.

So I'll try to contact stright to resin firm later, not dealing with all these hands on row here...

So thank You and excuse me, and sorry and so on...

I am glad you were able to figure out where the problem was. I know Steve was pretty shocked over this post, he has never had a complaint before. Thanks for being good enough to update everyone on this. Now it can be put to rest and you know to deal with him directly, it's much safer. ;)

Thank you very much ASCO, for clearing my name. There is no need to ask for forgiveness. I will always try my best to work with my customers to resolve any problems there might be. It is unfortunate that someone took advantage of your trust and caused a problem for many others. I hope you do not have any other problems with this person. Please continue to enjoy this great hobby of ours.

Best Regards

Steve Kohler

STAR Models

For all the bad-mouthing that the USPS gets, its still among the best postal services in the world. Many other countries, especially 3rd world countries, mail is iffy at best. A friend told me of sending a letter to her friend in South America. Included in the letter was a piece of cloth and a note that said, "I'm sending you 4 yards of this cloth in a separate package in one week." Two weeks after the cloth was to arrive, the Postmasters wife was seen wearing a dress made of the same material as the sample. Since our friend was a missionary, she couldn't pursue this with the local government, so it was dropped.

Long live UPS.

Gary