Model Cars Magazine Forum

where can i find a lincoln club coupe??

JAFFA

didn't lindberg repop the 46 a few years back? same time they did the auburn speedster and cord? those are really (ahem) challenging kits... but they're probably the only ones extant. i built the speedster box stock and got stuck when i just could not make the wheels look correct. i still have them stashed away since i redid the model into a rod. i also am not 100% sure the lindberg 46 was in 1/25-1/24 scale; it looks small for what was a fairly large car. the monogram 41 continental has excellent frame and running gear if it will fit under the lindberg body. i'd try to find a lindberg reissue on hobby heaven.

The '46-'48 Lincoln kit was a Continental, not a club coupe. A person might be able to find a roof similar to a club coupe and graft it the Continental body. Here is a Monogram '41 that uses the roof from the AMT "Black Force" to make it into a Zephyr coupe.

021_21.jpg

022_22.jpg

The Lindberg '46-'46 is the same kit as the old PYRO and Life-Like kits. I've seen it come out really nice with some work. The worst part of the kit is the wheels and tires! When I build my '48, I'll probably combine it with the Monogram '41.

I've never seen the Pyro/lifelike/whoever made it last Lincoln kit in person; i built the auburn but was very disappointed with the wheels and tires(much too narrow tires and wheels just not right in proportion) so it was redone as a street rod. i'd LOVE to build it stock; there's no set of wheels or tires that i know of correct for this kit. the lincoln kit should kitbash with the monogram continental if they're relatively close in scale. i'm more than willing to accept small scale discrepancies in some cases; this being one where the exceptional (monogram) kit would shore up the questionable (pyro) kit.

so the real question now is; who among us has, unbuilt, both of these kits to compare parts between them, and who has the pyro kit for sale or trade?

I have both kits, I can compare them sometime in this next week. I only have the '48 I plan to build for myself, but they are fairly common on the auction sites or from someone like Fred Sterns or Dean Sills.

I understand that this kit is supposed to be reissued soon. Hobby Heaven shows it in their catalog, but shows it on backorder.

hey people, thanks for all ideas so far, and as someone said i can take

parts from other kits and mold it together to a club coupé.

i do have the 1:1 to compare with so itll be allright, only id hope to

find one "factory-made" kit...

not too much is different from the continental, its basicly the rear end

that is.

I checked the Monogram '41 Lincoln and the Lindberg '48. The Lindberg is smaller, maybe even closer to 1/26 scale, although it's stated as being 1/25 on the box. It's considerably smaller than the Monogram Lincoln, which is supposed to be 1/24. I'm betting the Monogram kit is pretty accurate, scale-wise.

I still think there are a lot of parts that could be interchanged. The Lindberg engine is a joke, and even though the Monogram engine may be a little large, I think it would work well. Sometimes I like to use 1/24 parts, especially engines, in 1/25 cars, because it fills out the engine compartment better.

i did get the lindberg 48 continental coupe convertible, IT SUCKS A$$!!

i got it so cheap, it doesent really matter, but still this kit is really

in shops, WHY? the headligths are not clear lenses, they are chromed

and pieced together with the chromeparts surrounding the actual headlight

the hubcaps look more like little hats than hubcaps, ive got some

photos of this, that ill uppload as soon as ive fixed the computer at home.

and the engine looks like, like... ehh, it doesent even closely resemble

ANYTHING!

why in the earth are these lame kits so expensive!!??

Yeah; the details in the lindberg kit are somewhat shall we say lacking?

really, only the body shell as a starting point is of any use except to do a straight out-of-box build. you could carefully drill out the cast-in headlight lenses and replace them with parts-box ones. replacing the kit v-12 requires either a monogram 41 kit OR.. i'd splice together a couple of shortened v8 blocks from AMT's 40 sedan delivery with some other modifications. they'd look a little more like the lincoln v12 than the kit engine. as a matter of fact; i'd lengthen the frame from the sedan delivery and use it instead of the kit version.

yeah, i actually have allready started prepping the headlights for new

lenses.

i also glued the body yesterday, and theres MUCH filling to do.

this kit, and the design of the car really appeals for a rodbuild,

but since im doing itat a request as BONE stock, i cant.