Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Chevy rusted truck

Mike

After a hard life in dad's trees, junior rescued the family farm truck. With a new set of wide whites, chrome rims, and a shiny new license plate (not to mention a lot of TLC for the engine), it's ready to hit the road. Sure the gas cap got lost and the wood bed rotted and had to be replaced with some pole-barn siding, but it's functional right?

DSC01208.jpg

DSC01209.jpg

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

DSC01198.jpg

• 1 month later...
looks great ,how'd you do the seats? I also like the back story.

Sorry for the late reply. The seats were done with an Xacto knife. I just made random slashes across everything, and "banana pealed" a couple spots to curl up the plastic and insert the cotton stuffing for effect.

Thank you for the compliments guys. ;)

After a hard life in dad's trees, junior rescued the family farm truck. With a new set of wide whites, chrome rims, and a shiny new license plate (not to mention a lot of TLC for the engine), it's ready to hit the road. Sure the gas cap got lost and the wood bed rotted and had to be replaced with some pole-barn siding, but it's functional right?

Here's another one.

Before: (AMT SF+ '50 Chevy snap kit molded in orange)

50snap-vi.jpg

After:

50beater-vi.jpg

Terry

Like someone else asked. Is Junior doing a frame off restro? Would be interesting to hear the rest of the story. Nice rust.

Yeah, I do have another '50 Chevy in my stash to potentially do the "fully restored version" at some point. I have thought about it considerably. I would need a 79 Camaro kit for the front sub frame which I haven't bought yet. When I get inspired to do it, I'll make it happen. I just need the rest of the story fill in my brain to trigger it. :rolleyes: