Model Cars Magazine Forum

Something different on the workbench: Just finished

ismaelg

Hello,

OK, I know, this is not a car and this is the model CAR forum, but don't worry, this is the only post I'll do about it. Anyways here I go:

I'm taking a break from cars. I have a few non-automotive projects on the bench now. This is the primary project: A 1/100 scale SH-60B Seahawk Helicopter. (I keep hearing Pixar CARS Mater's voice saying he has always wanted to fly in one of those fancy helicopters ) :D

This thing is small! A little over 5 inches long overall. But you know me, I can't just simply slap it together. I just machined a rotor mast and I'm replacing the swash plate links and will scratchbuild a rescue winch and add antennas, cables sensors etc.

DSCF3778b.jpg

DSCF3847b.jpg

DSCF3829b.jpg

Should be finished before year's end.

Thanks,

Nothing wrong with doing non-automotive stuff Izzy. I am currently working on an armor project. Was in a slump, got a tank kit at an IPMS show and am having a lot of fun doing something different. A lot of different techniques involved....not having to polish out a paint job for one! Good luck with your chopper.

You did a awesome job on it...I sometimes take breaks from the car/bike stuff to venture off in some military builds, etc. Heck I am about 70% done with the Revell Pirates Ship they just recently released, and have enjoyed doing that....something different. Again, great job...the detail looks great on it.

Ron

I have at least two or three non-automotive projects going all the time. In the process of wrapping up the Tamiya 1/48 Tiger 1 and Sherman. I also have a Dragon King Tiger in 1/35th going and two Tamiya M1025 Humvees. One Humvee is straight out of the box waiting on a coat or two of Tamiya Buff and some weathering. The other is just started and will have the Verlinden update and serious weathering.

Nice looking chopper !!

Nothing wrong with taking a little break from auto's. Burnout is the worst thing that can happen. I am taking a break from doing any building while I get my Ham Radio station on the air again, we had an ice storm here 2 weeks ago and took my antenna down, Today I will hanging a new one up. I find that if all I do is build, I get kinda burned out in about a month. So I try to have many different things I can do since I can't work due to an injury from truck driving.