Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Chevelle SS

Dragline

I still have to foil the front running lights but it's close enough.

The MCG Detail set came with a set of rear running light covers and i sprayed them with the body.... and then promptly lost them [DOH!] since I sanded off the molded in ones there are now no rear running lights unless I find them... Oh well.

This was a quick build [for me] and it was a little tricky. This is a good kit, but not a great one.

Two finished models posted in one day for me... WooHoo....

Bob F

20sazv8.jpg

14ahp2h.jpg

27yr89i.jpg

very cool Bob! i'm a bit disappointed though, no white letter tires? :lol:

Dave

I cannot find those BLOODY gel pens Dave.....

I've been to Michaels, Jo Anns, Office Max et all... it's making me crazy.

If you have a line on one please grab it for me.

I'll be bringing it and some other WIP's to MaMa at the next meeting.

Thanks

Bob

When I think of 1970's Muscle cars, the Chevelle SS 454 comes to mind. When I think of Chevelle's I see a red one with black interior and stripes. You nailed it. Very nice and clean. Classic GM Muscle from a time when all you wanted was the biggest motor on the road. There was no substitute for horsepower.

Great work Bob!

I've got a Cranberry red Chevelle in the planning stages, just got my paint from MCW and a set of "Red Alert" decals. I will start that early next summer, hopefully!

Keep up the good work Bob!

Oh, I just about forgot. Try using white chalk for the raised lettering. Its not as bright as the gel pens but Its really quick and easy to do. Just rub on and clean around the letters with a toothpick(or something similar). It will rub off so you can either seal it with acrylics or just don't handle the tires afterwards.

Thanks to all you guys..

The running lights for the front are now with foil. I'll paint em later.

As for the rear running lights?? Not much i can do since I lost the PE ones. They came out so nice to......Rats.

I'll get the tires lettered and THEN it will be good.

Baldwin Motion Camaro is on the workbench. I have one in Muscle Car review. They didn't all come with those gaff [to me] stripes so i'm going to replicate the one in the book. Besides, masking those stripes off would not be pleasant. Then there are the pinstripes that surround the white areas...Blechhhh...

Back to the workbench.

Bob