Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '65 Pontiac GTO

Fisher61

I just finished my GTO today. Modifications include scribing in panel lines around the cowl area, adding the missing trunk lock, fixing wheelbase so wheels were in the right place in wheelwells. Painted with Duplicolor, foiled and pinstripe added. I used the Crager S/S wheels from the '65 Chevelle wagon because they are just a natural on a GTO. Take a look and see what you think!

HPIM5092.jpg

HPIM5091.jpg

HPIM5088.jpg

HPIM5084.jpg

HPIM5082.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nice GTO! Did you blend in the roof? Isn't this kit molded as a CV w/a separate HT that needs molding in? Or is it resin?

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! Bob, the roof is a separate piece. I had started this kit about 12yrs ago, glued on the roof and tried to blend and didn't like the results so I just shelved it. Was going through some older stuff so I pulled it out and tried again, beings I've learned a lot due to this forum and other sources. Used styrene to fill the gaps, lots of putty and sanding until I got done to the best of my abilities! Used strip styrene to continue the drip moulding around the A-pillars as it was on the 1:1's. It may not win any contests, but I sure had fun with it! I could have ordered a Missing Link body, [ it looks like a very nice body by the way] but I learned a lot more by doing this!

• 4 years later...

Beautiful. I once had a 65 GTO, so I bought that kit, thinking I could replicate my old ride. I was so disappointed, when I saw the contents of the box. I can't believe you started, with the same kit. Talk about turning a sow's ear, into a silk purse.