Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slickpaint

• 4 weeks later...
Cool cars, all five of em'! I've got a '67 Chevelle that's laying dormant for now. Plan to use one of those old MPC adjustable wheelbase chassis. I'll see what might happen during the winter, if I find some cool decals.... <_<

Thanks, glad you liked them. I built about fifty or so of those chassis to be used under local dirt cars back when they were first released in the seventies. I put'em under Chevelles, Fairlanes, Falcons and later under Mustangs and Camaros I built for the local racers. You got to jimmie them around some to go under the pony cars but IIRC the Chevelle is pretty much a drop in. The only place you may have issues is the bars that parallel the windshield posts but on the Chevelle it might not need much "fixing".

Here's one on mine with it under a '65 funny car body with an "un-altered" wheelbase and some "flow out the end of a small brush" decals. Why not give handlettering a try? On a dirt car it just "fits".

65chevelle99.jpg