Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kind of a stupid question

JamesW

I know it's not really model related, although in a way it is. How do you guys do the links like in your sig, but instead of it being the whole link you just replace it with one or two words? I know enough about computers but haven't been able to figure that out yet. :lol:B)

Edited by grimreaper

If you want to make a link that's named something else, like "click here" or "check this out":

When you're composing your post, click on the "Insert Link" icon–it's just below the word "Fonts" above your message window...

You'll be asked to insert the full URL, or web address of where you want to link to (copy and paste the address from the web page you want to link to).

Then you'll be asked to type in the new name for the link.

When you post your message, your link will link to whatever you want to link to, but the name of the link will be whatever you decided to name it.

Like this:

check out google

Just a little trick to add to Harry's instructions .. the linking on the forum works fantastic and has more smarts than you realize.

I usually type out how I want the link to appear, like Click Here, and then highlight the text. When you go to the "Insert Link" icon, it will ask for the link as usual, but it will assume you want it attached to the text you have highlighted and not ask. You only have to type it once! Yeah, I'm typing challenged and find any way I can to avoid it! :lol:

Edited by Foxer

• 2 weeks later...