Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT MOUNT 'N GOAT Jeep Commando

gasman

The Cammer parts, surfboard, and custom front end in none of the other issues but the 2 Roadster kits, Nor were the top, boot, deck, mag style hubcaps, or fabric spare. 
The Roadster is the 68 and best I can tell the 69, but the Commando came out in 69 as well. Has 69 part number. It had full top, half cab, snow plow (shared with Universal Jeep CJ5 in 69), police equipment, V6 only. Stock caps or steelies, Suburbanites. Huge glass tree. No custom parts from roadster. 
70 similar but safari seats, roo and bed bars new. Guns added that were not in Commando. I do recall it had full side panels in orange, but they were just front door only in 71. 
Casey, was full hardtop gone in 70-71? Back in 72 when front end got ugly. 
I’m old and have early issues, but not later stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 11:31 PM, keyser said:

Casey, was full hardtop gone in 70-71? Back in 72 when front end got ugly. 

Not sure, but agree 100% on the visually unpleasing front clip (and coordinating stretch) update. ? Hopefully Round2 considers a One Run of Fun with another reissue, then decides to backdate things to the Jeepster we (almost) all want. At least the wheelbase of the kit was never lengthened to be accurate, so maybe with the new technology Round2 is using, it wouldn't be such a...stretch. 

In the meantime, here's a look at the content of the 1970 Jeepster Safari Wagon kit. Maybe 2021 will bring good new on the reissue front:

https://modelkitreviews.proboards.com/thread/1510/2070-1970-jeepster-safari-wagon