Model Cars Magazine Forum

I need help

Yesterday, i went to my local hobby shop to pick up some putty. When i found what I was looking for, I went to the back of the store to look at their model cars. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted an Aoshima Lexus LS430 Vlene HEROism vip car. I have been looking for something like that, but never found anything until now. I bought it, and headed home to start working on it. Only one problem. When i opened it the body was warped to one side :D . I thought it would be fine but when I mocked up the suspension, and mounted the body, i found out it was not going to work. I need any ideas on how to make the body straight. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated ;)

ahh the dreaded warped body. if it were a domestic kit I would contact the model company for a replacement. I don't know if the foreign makers are the same way . if you want to try to fix it yourself it requires warming the plastic enough to make it pliable but not too much that it goes the other way. from experience boiling water is too hot, 120 degrees isn't hot enough so some where in between is the sweet spot . if you get lucky enough to get it warmed and shaped correctly then you immediately place it cold water you may have to go through the process more than once. personally I haven't had much luck unwarping bodies but this is the recommended treatment .others will undoubtedly have other methods that they swear by so wait for a couple of other replies before you try anything.good luck hope this helps

Edited by randx0

• 1 month later...

I emailed Aoshima directly through their website for missing parts in my Hilux. They sent them to me for no charge. They were going to charge shipping until I brought up the fact that I thought it was wrong to charge me shipping on a part from a kit that I had ALREADY paid for.

I emailed Aoshima directly through their website for missing parts in my Hilux. They sent them to me for no charge. They were going to charge shipping until I brought up the fact that I thought it was wrong to charge me shipping on a part from a kit that I had ALREADY paid for.

Well, I would put the shipping issue aside (sometimes people need a little nudge) and give MRC/Aoshima a big "Attaboy!" for doing the right thing.

Enjoy your build!