Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

• 5 months later...

My daughter's GMC Van, the first build I COMPLETED in 20 years took a beating on the way back from NNL East this year and it's taken this long (from April) to put it back together. The body was epoxied back on today. Just the rear springs and the mirror and it can finally go to her hands! :)

gluedagainDSC_1351_zpse5fe9a41.jpg

Edited by Foxer

I was just happy to find my bench again this weekend. For the past 18 months I've been gone 5 days of the week, and my work area had taken on a on junk drawer life of it's own. Found that in tossing things out of the way to make way for more stuff that didn't belong there I had mixed a Ferrari and a Mustang parts into one box...Chaos!

A clean bench is a happy bench, and now that I'm home and have time to work on things without involving a tackle box, or worrying about little bits flying off into never again seen parts of the truck I can maybe use it again for what it's INTENDED. 18 months of dust, spiders and cobwebs also makes you pretty itchy when you clean it up... :unsure:

post-6831-0-03759400-1385317598_thumb.jp

Got an Egg plane to decal, a 70 Chevelle to assemble, a Mustang Mach III to wire and make the wheels work for it, a GTO to build the engine and a racing bike to detail paint the parts before i can assemble. How much will get done?? lol Guess i will have to wait and see. After all its up to the 2yr old if he lets me work on anything today.

Oh yeah and a Viper GTS to finish stripping the paint off of.

Edited by jrherald420

For the love of modeling! Even though I have managed to complete over 14 some models this year I have not worked on one since September. This one I started when on vacation in S.C. back then. I find myself constantly reading the "Off Topic Lounge" and it's getting he best of me. I have also been working on transforming my full size Beetle into I don't know what. Today I am going to sit here at my bench with my dog by my side and go to work, I think. Anyway it's too cold outside to work on my Beetle. DSC06011_zpse470d67d.jpgDSC06013_zpsbb8e683d.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy

IMG_4217-vi.jpg

I recently shooed this one off the workbench which left me with....

IMG_4222-vi.jpg

Open space!... I cleaned up a bit and was ready for a new adventure

IMG_4236-vi.jpg

And I pulled out this one from the unfinished model archives. I probably doubled it's completion this week. Will keep going.

Edited by Tom Geiger

For the love of modeling! Even though I have managed to complete over 14 some models this year I have not worked on one since September. This one I started when on vacation in S.C. back then. I find myself constantly reading the "Off Topic Lounge" and it's getting he best of me. I have also been working on transforming my full size Beetle into I don't know what. Today I am going to sit here at my bench with my dog by my side and go to work, I think. Anyway it's too cold outside to work on my Beetle. DSC06013_zpsbb8e683d.jpg

Awfully big scale model in the background. I think your gonna need a bigger bench for that one!!!! LMBO :lol::D

I pack up my workbench (table) between sessions because the rugrats in my house would tear it apart. It’s like an Iranian uranium enrichment facility: it’s hard to identify when it isn’t in operation. It sits like this today:

11257345745_51b3dc4b5c_c.jpg

Inside of my high-security model closet we have a painted ’40 Ford waiting for attention:

11255228145_683acb6b1b_c.jpg

And a ’32 waiting for more cleanup, primer, and Tamiya maroon:

11255254306_778ab40c2c_c.jpg

And recent builds looking on:

11255252946_36617f0e1d_c.jpg

I hope to be building a bit tonight.

After spending most of the day at the bench I am ready for a break. I forgot how hard this hobby is to not drop parts and loose them, not get super glue on my fingers and to get decals to stick to parts instead of fingers. How long does it take to get back in the groove? I think full size cars are easier to work on at his point.

Went shopping today and took the kiddo to have his picture taken with Santa. Not much done building wise, i did get the Viper stripped and ready for new paint and also tossed a 94 s10 in the DOT 3 to soak while we were gone. Got most of the paint stripped with the exception of the inside of the bed.

Here is my workbench Sorta.... :blink:

DSCI2745_zps4e477ff9.jpg

Wonder if anyone knows how many projects are in the DISASTER ZONE? :lol:

Yours is positively spacious compared to the rather small, unstable tray-table I've had to use the last several years. Hoping to change that in the next month or two (finally!).

Charlie Larkin