Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

The Roar Before the 24 is on today, so I'll be watching and working on wrapping up my second Ford GT. This is the 2017 Le Mans second place finisher. OOB build with extra decals from Powerslide on the wheels and roof decal from the 2016 Le Mans sheet I have. Paint is Gravity Colors red/white/blue on the body and OZ gun metal on the wheels with Scale Finishes blacks on the chassis.

20190105_085148-vi.jpg

8 minutes ago, Jhedir6 said:

The Roar Before the 24 is on today, so I'll be watching and working on wrapping up my second Ford GT. This is the 2017 Le Mans second place finisher. OOB build with extra decals from Powerslide on the wheels and roof decal from the 2016 Le Mans sheet I have. Paint is Gravity Colors red/white/blue on the body and OZ gun metal on the wheels with Scale Finishes blacks on the chassis.

20190105_085148-vi.jpg

Very nicely done. The painting has kept me away from this kit, but yours is fantastic!

Jacob

3 hours ago, Lordmodelbuilder said:

Been awhile,but here is my work bench as of today. Been working on my Phantom 64 Chevy Blazer.

Didn't get it finished for the "Bring out your dead" completion group build,but I am making progress.

models 003.jpg

What is that Lindberg box? And is that a ram charger based 4 door SUV on the shelf?

16 minutes ago, Rusty92 said:

What is that Lindberg box? And is that a ram charger based 4 door SUV on the shelf?

The Lindberg box is a 67-70 Chevy van.  As for the Dodge, it is a Phantom 70's Ramburban.

I started building it in 1996. Traded it off in 98. Got it back in 2016 in same condition that I had traded it off in.

001-vi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2010 at 12:15 AM, Dragline said:

Here we have Dragline's workbench on a Saturday...

dexwtk.jpg

Lindbergh 1966 Chevelle SS in the offing.

Ooooh, looks like a metallic blue of some sort....

264mi6v.jpg

Interior to be a "Fawn" color.

v720.jpg

This is my kitchen table. I live alone [mostly] so I take my meals in either the living room in front of my 50" Samsung, or at Mums or my girls.

I spray my stuff at Mums in her basement. I set it up pretty sweet and she doesn't mind the occasional fume or two.

And yes, I am this neat usually. Chaos and me have never mixed. It works for some though.

Bob

Hey Bob. I see your from N.B. I'm originally from Swansea but, lived in Fall River for a number of years. My great uncle built the scale model of the whaling ship in the N.B Whaling Museum

On 2/16/2019 at 2:54 PM, martin9428 said:

Hey Bob. I see your from N.B. I'm originally from Swansea but, lived in Fall River for a number of years. My great uncle built the scale model of the whaling ship in the N.B Whaling Museum

Nice... I moved back to NB a few years ago. I work in Swansea at NAPA Auto Parts on route 6. Come by and say Hi if you're ever here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Goofing off tonight and made a set of working struts for the tonneau cover of an upcoming 55 Cameo project.

http://IMG_20190511_212830780.jpg

http://IMG_20190511_213042999.jpg

Used aluminum tubing, brass tubing and carbon fiber wire. The CF wire is much stiffer than regular wire so it should hold any weight without flexing.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr