Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

Hi it is a old store counter, it works perfect for models i use to drag this to the sell and try to get a 100 and finally i said the heck with it and it sat in the garage then i started modeling again here it is

Hey Murf, what is the case from. Looks pretty cool! Drew C. from S.C.

this is what I was doing saturday evening

Started this one close to 3 years ago. Picked up some modelhaus tires in toledo, gonna run the T110's all around, I used a 64 impala interior and chassis to update this old girl. I'm thinking a slight forward rake with some bellflower style exhaust pipes.

005.jpg

006.jpg

added xtra flake

008.jpg

then I moved on to this, something else I've been toying around with for a year or so.

Removed the belly pans in favor of custom built ones.

001.jpg

laying frame

002.jpg

rims are 16", 21" tall with tires

003.jpg

Plan was originally for a lowrider with scratch built pumps and batteries. I kinda like these rims so I might change it up to air bags. Gonna build a four link rear. If I go hydraulics I will leave the rear end adjustable.

Brian isn't the episode with the female car strippers? :lol: man I've seen that episode too many times.

You nailed it! :lol: Fishy how that car parts store had every part for the stripped cars huh? :lol: I have everything tv/movie wise for DOH and am starting over from the beginning seasons and working my way to the newest stuff :D

You nailed it! :lol: Fishy how that car parts store had every part for the stripped cars huh? :P I have everything tv/movie wise for DOH and am starting over from the beginning seasons and working my way to the newest stuff :D

Yeah including parts that were straight of the GL :lol: I've got all the stuff except the reunion movies.

Yeah including parts that were straight of the GL :P I've got all the stuff except the reunion movies.

I have those too, I still get a kick out of Dukes go to Hollywood :P

WorkbenchB.jpg

…and I thought I had a mess, shoot this pales in comparison to some. :P

Nice set up and nice guitars too!

My messy work area. I was going to organize it today but I tore a chest muscle and now can't even lift a paintbrush without agonizing pain.

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

It's even taking over my computer desk!

IMG_2120.jpg

And that nail polish is to test as a paint, not for my nails. :lol:

Edited by Mr. Show