Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 Ford Roadster Pickup

Rudy

Here are a few pics of my 29 ford roadster pickup, this is the 3-N-1 "goodguys Kit. I really like this kit because it comes with a 4 cylinder for a change, and 2 different cab choices, open "roadter pickup you can use with or withour removeable top, and a "closed cab" pickup cab is also included. It also includes a "track-T" nose. I chose to build mine as a roadster pickup, fenderless unlike any of the box art vehicles, as that is how I like my 1:1 hot rods. I started by cutting out the rear spring crossmember, and relocating it a bit higher on the frame to lower the stance. I also notched the front frame rails in front of the front spring crossmember, and putting the front axle there to get it to sit a bit lower in the front. I split the front 'bones but they are just kinda hanging there, unmouted at this point. I pretty heavily chanelled the bed and cab of the pickup. I shortened the bed quite a bit also. I dont know how I ever lived without a Dremel in the past!!!!!!

Please excuse the quality of my pictures, as I am really having trouble getting them to be very clear, and in-focus. The camera is a digital Kodak "easyshare M753" if anyone has some tips for me. When using the flash, I get too much glare from chrome parts and white paper used for background, but without it the pics are too dark as the light in my work area sucks. Both have focus issues. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! Rudy

089-2.jpg

078-2.jpg

080-2.jpg

084-1.jpg

085-2.jpg

102-2.jpg

103-2.jpg

105-2.jpg

107-2.jpg

109-2.jpg

post-2295-1257833173_thumb.jpg