Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Firestone Slicks

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Can anyone tell me what kit these tires are from?

IMG_2328-vi.jpg

They are two-piece plastic, and have the AMT/MPC wheel diameter. Also, are there any sources for these as resin repops?

Thanks-

Chuck Most

Posted · Report post

Can anyone tell me what kit these tires are from?

IMG_2328-vi.jpg

They are two-piece plastic, and have the AMT/MPC wheel diameter. Also, are there any sources for these as resin repops?

Thanks-

Chuck Most

Those are the two-piece hard black plastic Firestone 15" Indy Car tires that were substituted, in 1975, for the original PVC tires in the AMT Corporation 1963 Agajanian Willard Battery Spl (Watson roadster, Parnelli Jones up), and their 1963 Lotus Powered By Ford (Jim Clark, Dan Gurney). These tires were also included in a version of the AMT Corporation '37 Chevy Coupe, at my suggestion, when they were looking at doing a Bonneville version of the model.

Art

Posted · Report post

Those are the two-piece hard black plastic Firestone 15" Indy Car tires that were substituted, in 1975, for the original PVC tires in the AMT Corporation 1963 Agajanian Willard Battery Spl (Watson roadster, Parnelli Jones up), and their 1963 Lotus Powered By Ford (Jim Clark, Dan Gurney). These tires were also included in a version of the AMT Corporation '37 Chevy Coupe, at my suggestion, when they were looking at doing a Bonneville version of the model.

Art

THANK YOU, ART!