Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi,

Here are my finished Hasegawa type 2´s!

Both are painted with automotive laquer.

The grey one is box stock except for the sparebox tires and Polar Lights Herbie hub caps.

The pick-up has the 23-window bus bumpers, converted Revell Empi rims and also sparebox tires. The roof arch is scratchbuild.

3331633830633764.jpg

3861343130353666.jpg

3362313332366566.jpg

3432396163326633.jpg

Stefan

Those both look really cool! Y'er killin' me, I started a "rat" pickup based on a resin body a couple months ago, and haven't had a chance to work on it...it's a '57, I have to do a few things to backdate it. The resin kit came out before Hasegawa did their pickup, and at least it depicts an earlier truck. I'm even using Hasegawa's gates (donated by a friend who built one w/o them 8) )

I found a great website, I think it's Samba.org or something that has given me a ton of inspiration for projects like these, and your models look fantastic.

@empinut:

It is very easy to blacken out the doorlines:

I just paint some dark Testors Metalizer colour (Exhaust or dark Iron for example) over the lines, let it dry for a few minutes and then wipe it away with a cloth and modelwax. The colour will stay only in the lines. If some wax remains in the lines I remove it with a hard brush.

That technique works only on Automotive laquer, not on enamels!

Don´t know about Tamiya paints...

@kod38:

Since there is no chassis detail even when you´ll build them box stock (poor kits), I´ve built them curbside... with toothpic axles :wink: .

Btw: What technique for window treatment?

• 8 years later...